• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Bring car to TBS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bighuggies

Hi,

As a single guy who will be living on base, would it benefit me to bring my car? Or should I save the $400 a month the car costs me in payments and insurance?

I'd like to save the money if having a car isn't that important for single guys like me, but if having a car is quite neccessary I would rather have the car. What do you all think?

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Definitely bring a car. Barrett is completely inaccessable to the rest of Quantico, and the only public transportation is a bench and a sign that says,"Give a Marine a ride." Don't be the mooch who's always bumming a ride.

TANGO 1

Contributor
TBS is definitely a good walk from Main side and then, it gets old calling and waiting for a taxi especially when you have to go to places in time. On weekends when you will like to go out to D.C with your friends, you probably will not get a taxi that will take you from Quantico to D.C on a friday night. A car will definitely make you more flexible with your plans. And you know what if you do not go with a car, you might be forced to buy one while you are there.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
You will be unable to function at TBS without a car it is a necessity. There are places in Aqua that will do your laundy (really good deal instead of waiting for the broken machines at the Q and as a single guy you will want to go to Georgetown or up to Baltimore (I liked Baltimore).

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
You could always volunteer yourself as the permanent designated driver, but then again towards the end of the program, personality tensions will get high enough as is.

TANGO 1

Contributor
The girl you picked up the night before would like to go on a dinner with you the next day, what do you do, do you designate yourself as the driver?

TANGO 1

Contributor
I think Baltimore is extra long ways, Adams morgan and Georgetown will serve all the women you need for the night and plus the other clubs around the D.C area.

USMCBebop

SergeantLieutenant
You better. . .

Have a car! You're going to want to get away from TBS and Quantico when you have the chance, BELIEVE ME!

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The ladies of Baltimore were very good to me and I didnt have to run into my TBS squad there either. Even at that young an age I knew the value of getting away from the flag pole

FlyingDoc

Baltimore is great... Inner Harbor is very very nice.... just don't be the guy that gets caught on "the Block".... you may know what that is....

MNU-OCS

Just to follow up on the above, inner harbor is very good. They have all sorts of great resturants and places to go. There is an ESPN zone that you can go to and there is TV's where ever you go, even at the urinals! Thats the place to go if you want to watch the super bowl. There is also a Barnes and Noble and about a million other things to do there. There is also a Hooters.

Status
Not open for further replies.