• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Breakdown of "The Drama"

robav8r

None
Contributor
I will be honest...it has been completely boring here since the departure of the majority of the dissenting opinion folks.
You are all gooned up and your opinion means shit. I have flushed more sea water than you have sailed on. Learn to STFU unless you are spoken to.

Better :)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I will be honest...it has been completely boring here since the departure of the majority of the dissenting opinion folks. When I want head nodding and the company line, I have two department head meetings a week to take care of that. I come here for camaraderie, good discussions, and humor. Those things seem to all be gone. I admire what this site does and what it continues to do for the kids, but unless we somehow get those members back or someone fills in to take that position, I think this is the beginning of the end for the "virtual ready room" aspect of AW.

I'd argue there hasn't been much posted here after the departure because almost every non-accession thread seems to want to bring up the question "What's going on?" And despite repeated posts on how there was no more info to give, the same question continued to be asked. Seriously, there were 4 threads going. Hopefully with this thread, we can put that behind us.

I also have heard the "no one is posting anything interesting" comment several times. If that's the case, and I agree, then post something! This isn't just meant to be the teet for people to suck off of. If members want to discuss things, have at it. The "Skippers relieved" thread is a good example...lots of good discussion about our administrative and professional state of affairs.

e6bflyer, I quoted you, so it may appear I'm directing this all towards you, but that's not my intent. You just happened to post an example of a well-written sentiment that's been said several times the last week or two, so I'm using it as an overall example.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Like the departed or not... I still feel it is a bit sad. The diversity on this site is what makes things get interesting. With the loss of some, the diversity contained here thins a bit.
Can we apply the lessons from affirmative action to AW's? Forced diversity is bad...conform now! We will assimilate you...
Pickle

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Well, I'll probably get some negative rep for this...or maybe get a week off of AW...but i can't resist!

What % get onto this new website?

<---Part of the problem.

pilot_man

Ex-Rhino driver
pilot
My favorite part of the drama is when the O-4 reservist old dudes tried to tell us how this site is a shell of its former self and JOPA IS DEAD.

Our whole airwing still gets hammered at functions, the O Club is alive and well, our girls tell nastier jokes than I could ever come up with, I fly more VFR than IFR in a navy fighter, we shit on dirty hinges on the reg, we go to key west for "training" all the time, we hang out in JOPA with our ballsacks out...

Naval Aviation is not dead. It's still the best deal going. As long as you don't nuke it.

Bullshit.

Trips to Fallon don't count as airwing functions and neither does the once a year Hornet Ball. The Oceana O club is nothing like it used to be, and not the 20 year ago used to be. Be careful around those females. That shit won't fly in Brett's Navy. VFR over the water, in a W area, doesn't count. Key West all the time? Doubtful. Once every 6 months is not all the time. Shitting on hinges is fine, but the ballsacks? That sounds gay. New Navy and all. Enjoy.

Naval Aviation is not dead, but it is in a strong atrophy. And if the PC 100% of the time for 100% of the people crew keep sliming their way into leadership positions, then it will implode. We might was well be the Air Force.

RadicalDude

Social Justice Warlord
Bullshit.

Trips to Fallon don't count as airwing functions and neither does the once a year Hornet Ball. The Oceana O club is nothing like it used to be, and not the 20 year ago used to be. Be careful around those females. That shit won't fly in Brett's Navy. VFR over the water, in a W area, doesn't count. Key West all the time? Doubtful. Once every 6 months is not all the time. Shitting on hinges is fine, but the ballsacks? That sounds gay. New Navy and all. Enjoy.

Naval Aviation is not dead, but it is in a strong atrophy. And if the PC 100% of the time for 100% of the people crew keep sliming their way into leadership positions, then it will implode. We might was well be the Air Force.

Not gonna bother refuting your points one by one. I think you're being intentionally pessimistic to prove a point.

Maybe I'm just in a great squadron in a great air wing at an exceptional time. Kinda doubt it though. Most JOs I talk to on base sure seem to like this job.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not gonna bother refuting your points one by one. I think you're being intentionally pessimistic to prove a point.

Maybe I'm just in a great squadron in a great air wing at an exceptional time. Kinda doubt it though. Most JOs I talk to on base sure seem to like this job.
Maybe it's a single seat thing. :rolleyes:

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Bullshit.

I'm going to side with radical on this one. Sure it may not be as lively as pre-tail hook, but it's still fun and his description is pretty accurate. The only time we lose our "identity" or fun is because we're swamped with work and flying every weekend, but even then we still had a strong JOPA corps.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
To the part of this conversation that pertains to flying.... Has anyone actually seen a dramatic decrease in monthly flight hours since sequestration kicked in?

I spent a few "free" weeks underway getting traps and flying every day. I could be flying every day of the week while at home if it weren't for evals/awards/etc. We're going to be giving hours back at the end of this month/quarter.

I'm sure there are folks out there who took it in the shorts, but by and large it doesn't appear to have been the doom and gloom we may have been anticipating.

Beuller?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
To the part of this conversation that pertains to flying.... Has anyone actually seen a dramatic decrease in monthly flight hours since sequestration kicked in?.......I'm sure there are folks out there who took it in the shorts, but by and large it doesn't appear to have been the doom and gloom we may have been anticipating.

Beuller?

The USAF has seen some drastic cuts. I work with some now and they have seen their flight hours reduced to near zero for some platforms.