• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Bravo rolled to Charlie Thru Mike?

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Roughly 680 Lts looking for 350 seats in Bravo? Looks like there could be more than a few Lt's manning Mike Co until the spring.

If you gotta roll to Mike it looks like maybe a good chance to get IFS scheduled pre TBS? Who could an enterprising young Lt see most rickitic about getting IFS scheduled quickly and completed while he was waiting at Mike to class up?

Good Idea or Bad???? If good, who do you see to get it done?

Raptor2216

Roughly 680 Lts looking for 350 seats in Bravo? Looks like there could be more than a few Lt's manning Mike Co until the spring.

If you gotta roll to Mike it looks like maybe a good chance to get IFS scheduled pre TBS? Who could an enterprising young Lt see most rickitic about getting IFS scheduled quickly and completed while he was waiting at Mike to class up?

Good Idea or Bad???? If good, who do you see to get it done?

Yea...do it before if you can. That way, you can get a hell out of Quantico and be on your way to P-cola the day you finish TBS. It's been a while since I last saw the woods of Quantico but I would imagine you need to see the platoon commander. Talk to whom ever is in charge of the IFS crowd. By the way, Charlie Co. is the best time of the year, in my opinion...not that I'm biased or anything.

Kodiak

I don't think you really have much say as to whether or not you can do IFS, it will be up to them. I'm sure the last thing they want is a bunch of Lt's going to Ralph Stark and asking if they can do IFS. Be patient, you'll find out what the "word" is in Mike Co.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I had a friend in a similar position. He knocked out IFS before TBS and left for pcola a week after he graduated TBS.

Clux4

Banned
A week?
How about driving back to the barracks to change after graduation and then heading to PCola the same day.
350 seems to be a large number for Mike. What working parties are they going to have for Lt's?
...........I need a verifier.....target 3-6

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
Thats about the same situation that took place last year. Mike Co was huge and you only got tasked out once every two weeks or so. You'll have to be at formation at 0630 and 1500; provided nothing has changed of course.

At that time they also weren't letting anyone else do IFS because it was already backed up... Of course it won't hurt to ask. The only thing they can tell you is no and things may have changed by now.

jdnew

...........I need a verifier.....target 3-6

Yea, that was a sucky working party.

I believe,if there is a long wait between graduating classes, then someone in your chain of command should start contacting the Air Contracts on starting IFS before you start the BOC. At least, thats what happened with us. But I wouldn't hold your breath. You can always send it up the chain at one of those wonderful evening formations.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
Theyre going to take 300 only. Today they pulled 330 Lts for Bravo. AFter we get back from leave they're dropping the 30 lowest pfts back into mike. I got put into Charlie along with your son Rocketman, as I'm sure you've heard by now.

THe Lt staff is going to talk to the SPC to see about getting some of us into IFS. From what I'm hearing theres a lot of people waiting for that too now so it probably wont happen but I'll update.

I guess I have 2.5 months of PT on the clock. Oorah

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Theyre going to take 300 only. Today they pulled 330 Lts for Bravo. AFter we get back from leave they're dropping the 30 lowest pfts back into mike. I got put into Charlie along with your son Rocketman, as I'm sure you've heard by now.

THe Lt staff is going to talk to the SPC to see about getting some of us into IFS. From what I'm hearing theres a lot of people waiting for that too now so it probably wont happen but I'll update.

I guess I have 2.5 months of PT on the clock. Oorah

Yup. You guys should be able to improve that PFT score quite a bit with that much free time on your hands.

The good news is that, as of today at least, 2 out of 3 of your Mike Company commanders wear wings. The current SPC is a Hornet NFO and the XO is a Hornet driver.

Good luck trying to grab a pre TBS IFS slot. That would be sweet!!!

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
The good news is that, as of today at least, 2 out of 3 of your Mike Company commanders wear wings. The current SPC is a Hornet NFO and the XO is a Hornet driver.

Theres supposed to be a change of command real soon. They said the spc is moving up to xo and the xo is moving up to co.

Clux4

Banned
CO, XO, SPC of Mike sounds like a great way to finish ones career. You can get off work way early to attend night classes. I will not be surprised those in question are on their way out. Mike CO when I was there was supposedly doing some night schooling at the time.
/end threadjack

jdakota

There are two Lts that work over at IFS and deal directly with Mike student staff. I would get there Phone #s and see if you can get into IFS over there. Sometimes at TBS you gotta do some legwork to get something done, especially in Mike Co. Its not that the staff is bad it's just that they have 300 some odd Lts they are dealing with all of which have some sort of crap going on. Thats my advice. Oh by the way, definately a good idea see if you like flying before you decide it for a career. Had a guy in my company drop his Air contract and go infantry. He did IFS while in Mike Co.