• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Boys have a p-nis Girls have a...

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
T37Driver said:
What? Maybe if he or she is in IFF already then he might have seen some aerial engagements or whatever. Hey venom, boy or a girl yourself?

I finished API before he did when we was an SNA... and I've only been in advanced for about a month. He got processed out of the Navy, applied to the ANG, got a slot, went through phase 1 and 2 and IFF in the same time frame (about 10 months)? doubtful...

Venom-0

Eagle Driver
zippy said:
I finished API before he did when we was an SNA... and I've only been in advanced for about a month. He got processed out of the Navy, applied to the ANG, got a slot, went through phase 1 and 2 and IFF in the same time frame (about 10 months)? doubtful...

He's right. I am not in IFF...about 3-1/2 more months. However the statement I made was not about myself but about Air Force fighters. I guess Fly Navy didn't get it.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Venom-0 said:
He's right. I am not in IFF...about 3-1/2 more months. However the statement I made was not about myself but about Air Force fighters. I guess Fly Navy didn't get it.

Oh I get it, but don't open your trap about stuff like that unless you can back it up yourself. That's kind of the rule set here :) For every F-16 that's nailed an F-18 in 2-circle, there is an F-18 that nailed an F-16 1-circle.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Wait stupid question, I never thought of this until this forum, but a USN or USMC aircraft can't refuel from a Air Force tanker like that? [/end stupidity]

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Venom-0 said:
Haha, it won't be complete until Mr. know it all chimes in. I'm sure you have your own back ups for that F-18 VS F-16 story, right?
Yeah, go ahead and start doing your research and post it here. I'm sure you'll be able to find couple of those if you look hard enough.

Wow, you sure do miss the point a lot. Know it all? Complete? Yeah sorry bud, but this conversation is between us, so I'm not "chiming" in.

And stories? Of course I do, it's called IPs here. The same place you get your stories, your IPs. Your a T-38 student, so last I checked, just like me, you haven't fought any Navy aircraft (me fight Air Force). What I'm illustrating is you can blab your mouth on here about AF waxing Navy guys, but guess what, the reverse happens too. Don't drink the company kool-aid so much.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
DanMav1156 said:
Wait stupid question, I never thought of this until this forum, but a USN or USMC aircraft can't refuel from a Air Force tanker like that? [/end stupidity]

There is an adapter or something or other (nicknamed Iron Maiden) that the Air Force uses to refuel Navy jets. Fleet guys can chime in about that.

DanMa1156

pilot
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
There is an adapter or something or other (nicknamed Iron Maiden) that the Air Force uses to refuel Navy jets. Fleet guys can chime in about that.

So, do USAF refuelers stay on station for only USAF fighters, or can the adaptment be attached mid-flight? This has sparked my curiousiity!

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
DanMav1156 said:
So, do USAF refuelers stay on station for only USAF fighters, or can the adaptment be attached mid-flight? This has sparked my curiousiity!

I'm gonna say no it can't be fitted in-flight... but again, I haven't been there yet...

DanMa1156

pilot
Contributor
NavyVance said:
I just think anyone who comes around to intentionally pick fights needs to get a life.

Concurred, but granted, I'm in no spot to say anything, realistically. I just sit back, soak up what I read, listen (err read too) your guys' stories, ask questions when appropriate, and put something in when I feel I can contribute.

Venom-0

Eagle Driver
:D Wow...what's going on here? Some people seem quite angry.:D

Zateeshe Vneez! Ve bodetay tochnee.
By the way, I don't have to sink so low to use curse words or call people names....

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
There is an adapter or something or other (nicknamed Iron Maiden) that the Air Force uses to refuel Navy jets.....

Boys, boys, boys ... try to calm down, now. Sit down and take a pill. Or ........ If you guys spent more time on Happy Hour --- you'd be a lot "happier" .... :icon_rast .... limes are the answer.

Time out from the verbal jousting for something real ???

Tanked off of Air Force KC's of many types, many times ... they usually have an operating Navy-friendly basket somewhere in that flying gas tank.

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
Three methods I have seen on how chair force tank us navy men

with wingtip things
pic 1

special attachment thing
pic 2

and centerline hole extension thing
pic 3

edit: come on a4s, those pics suck ;)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
DanMav1156 said:
Depends on lots of stuff. On a KC-135, the "boom" is either configured with a basket for drogue/Navy style tanking or not for USAF style. 135s can, but aren't necessarily configured with wing pods which trail a hose w/ a basket as well. KC-10 has similar boom/hose config, but no basket on the boom. Other Brit/French tankers use the Navy system exclusively (and are some of the best tankers in the business, IMHO). I've seen Navy only tankers and USAF only tankers in the same strike package - that's probably the standard. Some configurations can give to two jets at once. Bottom line, this stuff is all planned for in advance and fragged on the ATO for the strike. There are guys whose only job it is to sweat the gas before and during the strike so that everyone gets enough and that there are reserves for contingencies like CSAR. There's usually a detailed and prebriefed fall-out plan in case tankers can't get airborne.

Venom, you're a tool. Try not to go so out of your way to make a fool of yourself.

Brett

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Brett327 said:
.....Bottom line, this stuff is all planned for in advance and fragged on the ATO for the strike.......
Absolutely ... love them bottom lines. :icon_rast