• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Bonhomme Richard fire

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Did anyone see the interior picture, it is bad, everything has been burned, warped or just gone.

No but I think you said it......she's gone. Hopefully the brave guys and gals battling this thing can at least prevent a major environmental disaster from occurring in SD. I can't even imagine what it must be like to be in compartments right now, trying to fight this. Serious balls.

BigRed389

None
No but I think you said it......she's gone. Hopefully the brave guys and gals battling this thing can at least prevent a major environmental disaster from occurring in SD. I can't even imagine what it must be like to be in compartments right now, trying to fight this. Serious balls.

Yup. Word is pretty much every trained/qual'd available fire party member on the waterfront is getting rotated in.

I'd be interested in seeing it. Where can I find said pictures

r/navy
Shouldn't be a surprise that the spaces looks trashed, it is actually a little surprising there aren't more obvious bulkhead/deck structural deformities, but who knows how that'll hold up under closer inspection when this is all said and done.

Last edited:

GroundPounder

As far as I can tell, no one was seriously hurt, so hopefully my question is not too soon. What happens to the guys slated in to go to this ship as CO/XO? Do they cut other tours short to fit everyone in, or will someone at the end of the line lose their shot?

taxi1

pilot
4am back home and I still see Sierra smacks going. This appears to be live...
Listened to any interesting convo on the live feed. They (controllers?) asked the helo if they could assess the temperature on the starboard bow. I assume via FLIR? They reported back deck heat at a certain spot, and are dropping onto that spot.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
As far as I can tell, no one was seriously hurt, so hopefully my question is not too soon. What happens to the guys slated in to go to this ship as CO/XO? Do they cut other tours short to fit everyone in, or will someone at the end of the line lose their shot?

You’re assuming a lot. The Navy May opt to repair her. And even if she’s going for decomm, there’s a few thousand sailors assigned to her that need to be handled in an orderly manner. I don’t envy the PCO’s monumental upcoming task.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
You’re assuming a lot. The Navy May opt to repair her. And even if she’s going for decomm, there’s a few thousand sailors assigned to her that need to be handled in an orderly manner. I don’t envy the PCO’s monumental upcoming task.

I think it's going to be a while before we know anything for sure. It takes a lot of high-level people meeting (and congressional action maybe?) to decomm a ship. Plus, the investigation(s). During a pandemic. None of this is going to happen overnight.

I'm scared to ask, but WTF else is going to happen this year? ?

exNavyOffRec

I think it's going to be a while before we know anything for sure. It takes a lot of high-level people meeting (and congressional action maybe?) to decomm a ship. Plus, the investigation(s). During a pandemic. None of this is going to happen overnight.

I'm scared to ask, but WTF else is going to happen this year? ?
How about this?