• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Bonhomme Richard fire

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
The timetable is official now, inactivation in April.

Rebuilding and repairing the 22-year-old ship would have cost up to $3.2 billion and taken five to seven years, Rear Adm. Eric Ver Hage, commander of the Navy Regional Maintenance Center, told reporters in November

lol more like $10b and 10+ years... even then her crew would still be discovering cut corners until the last day of deployment.
Well, at least we have a “new” name for the USS Klansman...uh, I mean, USS Stennis.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I can't imagine what life is about to be like for that "impartial hearing officer".
Hopefully playing it right down the middle in a way that doesn't involve sneer quotes, because the last thing we as an institution need over this is Take 2 of "I need a bulletproof O-5 to kamikaze this guy."

Dontcallmegump

pilot
Hopefully playing it right down the middle in a way that doesn't involve sneer quotes, because the last thing we as an institution need over this is Take 2 of "I need a bulletproof O-5 to kamikaze this guy."

For those still wet behind the ears... what was the first act of that show???

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
For those still wet behind the ears... what was the first act of that show???
I don't feel like looking up the requisite threads here. TL;DR (as I understand it), an individual assigned to a certain Navy FRS was alleged to have had their own non-LSO-approved method of teaching students to land on the boat, also kicked off an investigation that got CQ bottle bets canned, later alleged that FRS instructors were being racially discriminatory (thus kicking off another investigation), and was in turn alleged to have brought unauthorized recording devices into a classified space to "document" said unauthorized training techniques, which got said individual investigated themself.

Said individual then alleged unlawful command influence in the investigation, and ended up suing everyone up to the SECNAV, and I believe the suit is ongoing and has not yet gone to trial. Bottom line is that it turned into such a legal/alleged-UCI dumpster fire that the re-investigation over whether said individual could retain a security clearance or not got explicitly removed from the aviation community's jurisdiction and handed to a SWO.

Bottom line is, you'd better hope that there's no sneer quotes in the BHR Art. 32 officer's impartiality, because lawyers feed on that shit these days.

HSMPBR

Not a misfit toy
pilot
The whole thing is similar to some threads here. Someone has a bad take (PEAK DELIBERATE PRACTICE), they get called out, they double down on the bad take, and the cycle repeats until they go away (or sue SECDEF).

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Please tell me this waste of oxygen is out of the Navy and blackballed from all the majors.
Looks like the separation may still be pending.
While this case has been pending, the Executive Director of the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness ("Executive Director"), who was designated to act on behalf of the Secretary of Defense, denied Plaintiff's appeal on the grounds that the Assistant Secretary of the Navy had authority to allow the second investigation. And Fleet Forces Command completed its second investigation, concluding that Plaintiff taught unapproved landing techniques. Later today, May 1, 2021, Fleet Forces Command will issue a Report of Misconduct again recommending that Plaintiff be separated from the Navy for cause. To avoid that result, Plaintiff has now filed a motion for preliminary injunction seeking to prevent the issuance of the Report of Misconduct. For the following reasons, the Court will DENY that motion.