• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BOGEY can FLY-Y-Y-Y-Y ???

congrats man. i think i met you at cruces. look into living at whiting pines instead of the boq. wow, a 51 got TH, i guess the tides have turned. the week i selected, a 61 didn't get his first choice (TH) and that next week, a 64 didn't get it.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
congrats bogey. maybe you'll change your screen name again because i suppose you won't be doing much bogeyspotting =P

joboy to bogeyspotter to _____.

in all seriousness, congrats!

joboy to bogey spotter to pilot plucker?

awesome job getting rotary. Have fun in Milton.

phrogpilot73

And thankful we have the seat, and helo guys to pick us up.
I was talking to an F/A-18C guy during fleet week (he was on his FAC tour), and he was amazed that I put so much trust in the "theory of autorotation" (his words). I told him that he put a lot of faith in a theory (the seat), because I've actually done a full autorotation in flight school, and explained that instructors roll the throttle to flight idle and we take it all the way to the deck, with nothing but the "theory of autorotation" preventing us from balling it up. He was shocked. I think he'll be more comfortable riding in a helo now.

You do realize that if you have to punch out, and a helo guy picks you up - you owe him & his children beer for the rest of their lives, right?!? :D

Flugelman

Contributor
You do realize that if you have to punch out, and a helo guy picks you up - you owe him & his children beer for the rest of their lives, right?!? :D

I can see it now... Cold, wet, shivering pilot, waving off the rescue swimmer... "I'll wait for the boat, I ain't buyin' you sumbitches beer for the rest of my life!" :D

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
I can see it now... Cold, wet, shivering pilot, waving off the rescue swimmer... "I'll wait for the boat, I ain't buyin' you sumbitches beer for the rest of my life!" :D

You've obviously never been to the persian gulf. Cold and shivering are two things you won't experience.

You're damn right, I'll swim thank you. Last time I rode in a helo I found out after the fact they damn near had a midair. 200' at 1am in the mountains and I'm the one guy with no goggles. I was scared shitless.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You've obviously never been to the persian gulf. Cold and shivering are two things you won't experience.

You're damn right, I'll swim thank you. Last time I rode in a helo I found out after the fact they damn near had a midair. 200' at 1am in the mountains and I'm the one guy with no goggles. I was scared shitless.

You've obviously never been to the Persian Gulf in the winter. ;)

Brett

Pags

N/A
pilot

I recently heard that a buddy of mine from flight school (now a VFA guy) was the simulated survivor in the back of HS-2's bird that had to ditch at night. He's probably now a firm believer in the "theory" of autorotation. All 7 on board egressed safely and were quickly picked up by dash 2. The HAC got NHA pilot of the year for that one.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Helos can't really fly. It's just an illusion.

I heard they make a pact with the devil somewhere in early Fams during advanced ... how else do you explain it!?!?! (Thats a rhetorical questions, aero nerds please stay out of this ;))

Pags

N/A
pilot
I heard they make a pact with the devil somewhere in early Fams during advanced ... how else do you explain it!?!?! (Thats a rhetorical questions, aero nerds please stay out of this ;))

I'd sell my soul to be able to hover! (not too far off the mark, it took me awhile to pick it up).

200px-FlandersDevil.png

RotorHead04

Patch Mafia
pilot
A wise FAM instructor used to tell all his onwings in the FAM 1 brief the following:

Despite what they told you in aero class, helos fly for three reasons
1. Because they beat the air into submission
2. Because they are so ugly that the ground repels them
3. Because Chuck Norris wills them to fly

Welcome to flying on hopes and dreams, Bogey!