• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Boeing Tanker: Beans, Bullets, Oil, and politics .. and did we mention: politics ??

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
How difficult can this be??? You notify all the aircraft manufacturers, of which there are probably only 10-12 in the world that can produce an aerial refueler, state the requirements, put in a deadline and await proposals!!!

I'll concede that the outcome will probably end up in court, but we've been doing acquitions for 100+ years, how is this still screwed up after a freakin' decade????

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Buried in the article is that EADS is still interested in competing despite NG's withdrawal. Whoever the unnamed US company is that's working with UAC, I'm sure EADS would be a more appealing partner.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Politics as usual ... ????

Latest update: Pentagon will push tanker deadline 60 days to allow EADS bid

Sen. Patty Murray, D-Wash., quickly called the extension: "completely unacceptable."

Sen. Maria Cantwell, D-Wash., issued a statement: "I see no reason why a 60-day extension in the bidding deadline is necessary, but I am more concerned (over the)... $5 billion in illegal subsidies ... for the commercial aircraft that EADS is likely to use in a bid for the long overdue tanker contract."

But Sen. Richard Shelby, R-AL, whose state would assemble the EADS tankers, issued a statement saying: "the Pentagon made the right decision".

You just can't make this stuff up ...

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Why do I see the only people coming out ahead of this whole thing are the lawyers who are gonna start ringing up thousands of billable hours as soon as the contract is let!

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, it's like they say: if you're not going to be part of the solution, there's good money to be made in prolonging the problem.