• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Boards canceled till November?

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Well since I am a new applicant to my recruiter, there was no need for him to tell me that there was an available August board. There was no way I would make it being that we're basically in August already. So yes you're right, but August was a given.

Anybody here heard of a September or October SNA board?

There will be boards every month. There is no reason there won't. If there is no board, you won't know until after the fact anyway. Information gets passed down...by the time you (at the lowest end) hear about it, it will be too late.

Since I was on AW, counting my old username, which puts me here around 2001..there has always been one, I believe. I can definitely attest to there being a selection board every month since I've been OUSOONER.

Max_Power

Prefers Skippy
Contributor
According to my recruiter I am all set to go for the September Board for SNA/SNFO/Suppo. That was as of two days ago. I'm praying nothing has changed but I will find out more on Monday when they are back in office and I give them a ring.

I haven't heard anything to contrary either. I'm done with MEPS, ASTB and trying to get my PRT done within the week. The only thing I'm waiting on is lazy former employers who are being a pain in the ass to send DD370's in.

If all goes according to plan I can be on the September boards at the earliest, October for sure. Good luck.

Anyone have any advice in getting employers to send in the forms? I've called and emailed them multiple times with little success..

nugget81

pilot
Keep in mind that the boards may meet and select applicants for more than the very short term. You can pick up a FY11 or FY12 slot in BDCP right now. Are they going to make all those guys wait too? Ebb and flow, ebb and flow....

Cloak

Very interesting. My recruiter told me I cannot goto MEPS until my package is accepted...I keep seeing all these people going to MEPS and taking their PRT's before their package is seen at a Selection Board. Are you/they all prior service? Just a guess.

In the mean time...waiting it out until I can call and confirm on Monday what is going on.

nikiterp86

Pro-rec'd INTEL!!!!!
No, recruiters just do things differently. You can technically go to meps and do the prt prior to pro-rec, but it's not required. It makes things go faster if you get pro-rec'd and already have that stuff done, but if you end up not getting pro-rec'd then it's kind of a waste.

niktam

For the Record, Fiscal year runs OCT-OCT, not JUNE or JULY....

I have also heard said bum gouge about oct/nov boards, by one of the processors for intel via email, but i highly doubt it, and luckily don't wanna be an intel O so im over it.