• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Boards and selection

Vipergallo

Hi all,

Today I spoke with my recruiter and she was telling me that the aviation program is on hold because the system is flooded. I quote " The pilots at Pensacola are just sitting around reviews material until the classes can proceed". Does anyone one know if this it true or what the deal really is? Also what effect would this have on board selections?

Thanks in advance

TenaciousPilot

Hi all,

Today I spoke with my recruiter and she was telling me that the aviation program is on hold because the system is flooded. I quote " The pilots at Pensacola are just sitting around reviews material until the classes can proceed". Does anyone one know if this it true or what the deal really is? Also what effect would this have on board selections?

Thanks in advance

Its not just at API. My friend who commissioned last spring has been CREEPING through flight school so far. He arrived in pcola in June 09, classed up for API Aug 09. He then went to Corpus that fall and hasnt even classed up for primary after 7 months. He said it sucks but he has been able to REALLY get in touch with the Texas culture.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Hi all,

Thanks in advance

All pretty much true at the moment. As for what it means for board selections, the number of slots will probably do down, and the commissioning dates for those that do get slots will be in FY11 (this fall) to slow the rate coming in.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
Isn't that just peachy. Hopefully applying for the BDCP will help my odds somewhat. I was told by my recruiter that nobody in the St. Louis region was picked up, I didn't know it was a nation wide issue. Well, best of luck to everyone else applying.

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
Wow... hopefully this doesn't affect the upcoming May selection board in which I am in! Ahh...!

kparrott154

Guys, I don't really know all that much about how military aviation works so don't tear my head off...

But do you all think its because there are so few civil aviation jobs available right now? And when more jobs become available more military pilots will move on to civilian jobs? The 5 year retirement change anniversery for civilian pilots(from 60 to 65) comes around in October this year and hopefully a lot of civilian pilots retired then.

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
Haha... no worries man! I don't know much either so we're kinda on the same boat.

That could probably be a reason. I don't know...
I would actually say that it could also be due to the fact that the world economic situation is not that good and all companies and corporations, including the Armed Forces, are cutting costs and not hiring as many people as before.

kparrott154

Haha... no worries man! I don't know much either so we're kinda on the same boat.

That could probably be a reason. I don't know...
I would actually say that it could also be due to the fact that the world economic situation is not that good and all companies and corporations, including the Armed Forces, are cutting costs and not hiring as many people as before.

Yeah thats true as well. I just didn't talk about that but I agree with the economy.

I've been studying for the ASTB and plan on applying for OCS in the next year or so. Hopefully everything picks back up by then.

joebayo: Good luck in the selection boards!

Gus Gorilla

There's probably a nugget or base of truth to that. I'm not on the "inside" with any information but I know several of us who were Pro-Rec or Final Select were already pushed back several months to put us into FY11.

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
Yeah thats true as well. I just didn't talk about that but I agree with the economy.

I've been studying for the ASTB and plan on applying for OCS in the next year or so. Hopefully everything picks back up by then.

joebayo: Good luck in the selection boards!

Hey thanks man, I really appreciate that! Good luck to you as well if you try getting into the Navy!

AnonymousGuy

None
I know that a friend of mine arrived in Pensacola back in the end of October 09. He STILL has not class up. He's basically been going into an office, sitting there for two hours, and then leaving for the day to sit on the beach. Sucks to be on hold for so long, but hey, that doesn't sound THAT bad.

AnonymousGuy

None
Also, per my recruiter, most OCS dates for those waiting on Final Select letters have been in the September timeframe. That's technically FY10, but commissioning date is FY11, of course.

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
I know that a friend of mine arrived in Pensacola back in the end of October 09. He STILL has not class up. He's basically been going into an office, sitting there for two hours, and then leaving for the day to sit on the beach. Sucks to be on hold for so long, but hey, that doesn't sound THAT bad.

That doesn't sound bad at all! Haha...

getawaydriver

What percentage get LCS?
I know this is all going to be RUMINT cake with a layer of speculative icing, but does the same situation hold for those applying for and awaiting to train as FOs?

I've been in the hold for a while concerning a medical issue. Just wondering.

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
I know this is all going to be RUMINT cake with a layer of speculative icing, but does the same situation hold for those applying for and awaiting to train as FOs?

I've been in the hold for a while concerning a medical issue. Just wondering.

Yes Getaway, its the same with all of aviation at the current moment. SNA's and SNFO's are on hold down here. Every now and then from what I've seen, SNFO's are given the chance to class up earlier, but its not very often.

I've only arrived here 2.5 weeks ago and we have been told approx 6 months or longer of a wait. I also have heard that most FS applicants are getting September dates and beyond right now. Not sure about that as I'm now out of the OCS pipeline, but yeah.