• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Boards and selection

Seafort

Made His Bed, Is Now Lying In It
No, you don't. What you want to do is supplement what you already have. Add an officer interview, add some random graduate courses to boost the board's perception of your academic ability, add more LORs. You don't know; you may have been right on the margin, and had you had just one more thing, you would have made it.

aukonak

So is the general consensus that boards are still selecting SNA's? I've been hoping to go USMC Air but like others have mentioned, my OSO told me that he doesn't expect any air contracts to get in 'til FY12. I've already been selected twice (once as an air contract) with the USMC but disenrolled before shipping for OCS (once due to an administrative error at my selection office and once due to shin splints).

So I've already taken the ASTB but will likely need to re-take it since it's not just pass/fail in the USN. My flight physical is current.

I'm 25, Bachelors in International Relations, 3.35 GPA. Tons of internships, currently a contractor for the government. Experience living and working abroad. Private pilot's license. Already have a secret clearance courtesy of the Marines.

It occurred to me see what my chances are with the Navy so I contacted the closest recruiting office yesterday, turned in my application for commission a few hours later. I'm planning on making a trip out there for an in-person discussion in the next week or so.

Seeing as I'm getting up there in years (relatively speaking), I'm debating which route to go. I've been back and forth about air/ground for a while which is why I've been focusing on the USMC. Funny how last year at this time they had air spots galore and ground were spread thin...now it's the complete opposite. I picked a helluva time to decide flying is what I really want to do.

Anyway, any thoughts would be appreciated. I love this place!