• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Board Results

maxlife

Fun with Numbers

Hey there fellow applicants, we‘ve been awaiting the results so long that we’ve been assigned an acronym LOS BRAVOS (Last Officer Selection Board Really Anxious and Very Obsessed Selectees). For fun let’s assume (yes I know what happens when you do that!) that a couple of things posted lately are correct. Ok, there was a board on 17 AUG and there were 68 applicants. Assuming, there is that word again, the board takes 20 minutes to review each package (I sure hope so after all that work I put into that sucker!) that is 3 per hour. So in a 7 hour day (got to take that lunch break at the O-club) they will consider 21 applicants. Hell it should take them half a day to read that LOR from my grandmother (USMC O-6)!! So using those numbers it should take 3 and ½ days to finish the selection. Give another day to get the word out to the NRDs and voila Thursday should be the day!!! Anyways LOS BRAVOS that is my guess and I’m sticking to it. Sleep well. :icon_tong

maxlife

FLYnCharnas said it..

When I talked to my recruiter the other day he said that there are 68 applicants for the August board! 68 applicants is a crap load, making me think that July applicants were rolled over to the August board. I am not sure if this is a good thing or bad. The Navy fiscal year ends soon, so hopefully there frantically trying to fill up remaining slots.

Seems like alot but who knows????

OneOddGuy

Mrs. Crossdressing USA 2003 and 2005
As I am an old fart, relatively, at 26, I think you youngins should withdraw so I won't have to reapply (if I don't get selected, which I'm sure I will :eek: ).

That 27 year old age limit thing is coming up pretty fast. :D

Aircrew Instruc

None
As I am an old fart, relatively, at 26, I think you youngins should withdraw so I won't have to reapply (if I don't get selected, which I'm sure I will :eek: ).

That 27 year old age limit thing is coming up pretty fast. :D

I agree with you on feeling the squeeze I'm 30 so my shot at SNFO is on a limited basis.

PU Grad

MAC flight user
pilot
Arrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!

EDIT:

So yes I get back to my phone and see that I missed a call, and that it was from my recruiter. And I notice a voicemail. So I get all kinds of antsy and nervous going and checking my voicemail, and it starts with "I was just calling to let you know that they haven't posted anything..."

I know he meant well and all, but it was very anti-climatic.

Can't they just post the results so that they can put me out of my misery one way or another?

*sigh*

Please note I am very happy with my recruiter and is in no way bad-mouthing him.

maxlife

Kenny your guess is as good as anyone here....sorry but the dates seem to be a well kept secret.

PU Grad

MAC flight user
pilot
My recruiter said something about it saying that "the results will be posted soon."

What that means is anyones guess.

FlynCharnas

68 applicants does seem like a lot, but keep in mind that those 68 applicants consist of NFO, BDCP, and SNA applicants. So I would say that at the most 1/3 to 1/2 of the applicants are SNA. This makes the odds of being selected seem a little bit better. :confused:

AppleCello

My recruiter said something about it saying that "the results will be posted soon."

What that means is anyones guess.
At least its a status check. I had no clue all day about whether or not people were getting calls. I spent the day at the Atlanic City Airshow, watching the Blue Angels AND the Thunderbirds, among many other cool things...!!!! tons of photos, will put some up in a bit!

Now THAT was a way to pass the day while waiting for the Navy to call me up. It didn't exactly get my mind OFF of things, but it sure did kick ASS!