• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Board Results

bennkrys

Works been rough, my hopes had me subconsciously thinking that I would be on my way out the door from the Air Force, but too no avail I am still suiting up to go back today!

smumaustin

pilot
Any one else having trouble focusing at work/school as a result of this process?!

It is difficult to look for traffic and correct low time private pilot students while day dreaming about low level formation flying at 300+ knots!

Although I do get a chuckle, and increased blood pressure out of these low time guys! A conversation between me and one of my students!

Me: "traffic 12 o'clock opposite direction same altitude, you see it?"
Student: "yes"
No correction!
Me: "traffic 12 o'clock opposite direction same altitude, you see it?"
Student: "yes"
Still no correction
Me: "My plane, what were you doing, did you see the traffic or not?"
Student: "What Traffic?"

I am ready to go! Lets hope the Navy agrees!

AppleCello

OK, 16:30 EST, I think its safe to say that I won't be hearing anything today. So lets see... leave work, take my mind off this with some PT, and get to bed early so I can wait around another day!

AppleCello

I have yet to call up and ask for updates... thats something I just wont do. Unless all of you hear results and I dont.:icon_smil

smumaustin

pilot
Wednesday or Thursday guys! Wednesday or Thursday! (Per recruiters statement) Do something to stay busy... I suggest buy Madden 07 and play until you get selected!

AppleCello

I need something just like that, madden 07 would be great. but instead I get to do something that is mind-numbing (write java software) which just helps me to get distracted and think about the pro-rec... or equally possible not-pro-rec... :confused:

maxlife

billthrill1 said:
You know...I think it was Wink the other day that said for 2006 the Navy wanted 68 pilots to be recruited.

If my calculations are correct...that means that the number that gets pro rec'd each month is shockingly low.

So...Applecello, Smumaustin, bennkrys, oneoddguy, and others...since there are so few slots, doesn't that mean we should all secretly hate each other unless we all get selected?:icon_rage

Bill if you graduate college in the spring of 2007 you will be a FY 2007 or possibly a FY 2008 (depending on your OCS class date) so you are not in direct competition with these guys. Don't hate the "playas". :icon_tong