• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Board Results

tiger84

LT
pilot
Yeah, assuming my recruiter has the right info, the SNA and SNFO boards meet together. Hopefully they actually met today and we'll hear back quickly.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Been told that the SNFO board was to be held today. I was under the impression that SNA and SNFO board were one in the same. Can anyone confirm either? This is my third application and I keep getting closer to the age limit. Already past SNA age limit after my first non-select.

Same people.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
From everything that my recruiter has said. Once you get approved by the board for pro-rec, it doesn't go back through the board. Final selects are more of a rolling thing based upon when you get FINDOCS in and how quickly it can get signed off.

PU Grad

This is correct. No sitting board for the FINDOCS. All the FINDOCS go to their respective executive agents for approval, IE medical, and security. Without regard for anything else in your app, those folks look at their small piece of the action and give it a thumbs up or down. You get the final select once all the FINDOCS are approved by their respective lords. Any single approval authority gives you a thumbs down you are non slelect.

PU Grad

MAC flight user
pilot
This is correct. No sitting board for the FINDOCS. All the FINDOCS go to their respective executive agents for approval, IE medical, and security. Without regard for anything else in your app, those folks look at their small piece of the action and give it a thumbs up or down. You get the final select once all the FINDOCS are approved by their respective lords. Any single approval authority gives you a thumbs down you are non slelect.

That's kind of scary. Are there other major ones besides medical and security?

PU Grad

AppleCello

No word yet, anyone? I still havent heard anything, though its not liked I've called into my recruiter checking for updates either.

PU Grad

MAC flight user
pilot
I'm sure I've pissed off my recruiter with all my calls.

My dad actually asked the other day if I've started to get retirement checks yet.

PU Grad

MAC flight user
pilot
Been discussed before. Do a search.

But pro-rec a week or so after the board.

I am still waiting on a final select and I am into month 2.5.

AppleCello

I was told yesterday that the board didn't meet in october and will meet hopefully before thanksgiving. A few more weeks until we hear anything now, it looks like.

Aircrewman28

NRC
None
I was told that the board did in fact meet and the results are being processed via the chain of command. I think we will know good news by next week. Bad news takes a little longer (rejection letter - snail mail).

AppleCello

The news I heard (that they did not meet yet) was from my recruiters office by way of a retired CDR that checked in on it on my behalf. I'm not saying that this is definite fact, but should be pretty reliable.

As far as I'm aware, results are made available electronically to each recruiting station all at once, both recommendations and rejections.