• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Blue Ridge (California) Fire

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
You say that as a joke but I heard a sea story from a CAPT back ... Fastforward a decade, the scandal breaks, pretty soon he gets a call from NCIS. “Wait one...” digs out the receipt, emails over a PDF, gives the phone number of that female JAG, the end. Never hears two peeps back from NCIS. I am probably butchering the finer details bc obviously I wasn’t there, but that’s generally what I recall.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Not sure why it matters that the first JAG was female.
It doesn't matter but, as the audience member hearing this story, it definitely added color to the story that she was not with the main group, and there was an extra effort on coordination because she was back at the hotel. The JAG opted not to go to the lavish dinner that night, and instead partake in some of the spa services in the hotel. So in my mind, the story's less complex if she is at the dinner with everyone else - bc she would have taken lead maybe. In reality, the officer at JAG-less dinner has to frantically find her number, and the way the story was told to me, I'm envisioning her answering the phone in the hotel with those little napkins (cotton swabs?) between each toe, and having to give JAG advice on the spur of the moment. It also kind of highlights that - rather than take the easy route and say to himself "our JAG is busy back at the hotel so I'll just talk to her about this matter tomorrow" - he took the initiative and had the foresight to make it happen in the moment.

Pags

N/A
pilot
You say that as a joke but I heard a sea story from a CAPT back when I was an ENS that he had been on a port call in C7F once where Leonard’s company secretly hosted a lavish dinner for a number of US and foreign naval officers. The USN officers thought it was merely a foreign partnership event - but when the dozen or so US officers showed up, Leonard’s crew was all over the place, and it didn’t pass the sniff test. Total schmooze trap. The menus also didn’t show any prices. This officer telling us the story left the table discreetly, called the command JAG (who was back at the hotel getting a mani pedi or something), and got advice from the JAG. Then the officer went over to the maitre d’, basically had to politely accost the guy up to obtain a menu that actually showed the prices, went back to the table, had to price out everything served (5 course meal or something), grab debit cards from all the USN officers, make several trips to the ATM, and then went back to the maitre d’ and - so the story goes - shoved the stack of cash into his jacket pocket and stood over the guy until he got an itemized receipt. Dinner goes fine, Leonard’s crew slinks away, the USN officer gives a full report to the JAG and a copy of the receipt the next day, keeps the original receipt, files it away. Fast forward a decade, the scandal breaks, pretty soon he gets a call from NCIS. “Wait one...” digs out the receipt, emails over a PDF, gives the phone number of that female JAG, the end. Never hears two peeps back from NCIS. I am probably butchering the finer details bc obviously I wasn’t there, but that’s generally what I recall.
I certainly suffer from some strange version of FOMO/not one of the cool kids on Fat Leonard. I was in 7th fleet with one of the guys who got collared and I didn't get invited to any sort of crazy parties. Of course I also haven't had to spend time in a federal pound me in the ass prison making license plates or govt pens so I've got that going for me.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
So I learned that there's more than one range of Blue Ridge Mountains. Seeing as how the mid-atlantic is getting deluged by Zeta I was confused as to how there could be a fire in WV.
I was thinking the same thing.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So I learned that there's more than one range of Blue Ridge Mountains. Seeing as how the mid-atlantic is getting deluged by Zeta I was confused as to how there could be a fire in WV.
Yep: The mountain range is located in the eastern United States, and extends 550 miles southwest from southern Pennsylvania through Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Georgia. (H/T Wikipedia)

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Isn't there a third Blue Ridge Mountains in Middle Earth, or am I thinking of something else?

:p

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Are they different from the Misty Mountains?
Oh that's how it is... the "Misty Mountains." I see you're one of those Dwarvist revisionists who would deny the great achievements of the Goblin civilization of the Gundabad Mountains. C'mon man, don't believe everything you're told about "history." Ask questions, educate yourself on the truth!

(I figure this is more fun than a usual online political mudslinging thread.)