• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Blue Angels at San Francisco Fleet Week 2007

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Blue Angles get support from San Francisco

Despite attempt by City Supervisor Chris Daly and several vocal activist groups to prohibit the Blues from appearing during Fleet Week, cooler heads prevailed and voted down the proposed measure.

thumb_051008-N-6843I-420.jpg

puck_11

Growler LSO
pilot
That's good to hear. Best quote: the jets "terrorize small children, seniors, pets and local wildlife"

Xtndr50boom

Voted 8.9 average on the Hot-or-Not scale
Great to hear. Hopefully I'll be in town to see them.

Way better show than the t-clones

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I don't get it, did this guy lose a chick to one of the Angels? I love reading some of the comments, especially how noisy and dangerous they are. Folks, if you don't understand, you never will. Excitement is something you live, not talk about. Get out from you sheltered lives and live a little, you'll be surprised by what you'll find.

Recidivist

great news.
I should be around to see them during fleet week, which I expect will be way more exciting than critical mass.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
yeah...too bad the Tbirds are scheduled for the SD fleet week this year. I thought the Blues ALWAYS did Miramar.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Why would SF support these?

(blue ones of course)

You obviously missed Approach Magazine's "Brownshoes in Action" by Ward Carroll featuring the "Blue Angles" and Fighting 3.14 (The Fighting Pis). Title was a tip of hat to him since he's based in San Franciso as editor of Miltary.com.

snake020

Contributor
Interestingly enough, in spite of all the anti-military sentiment and recent Blue Angels controversy in SF, they still have Fleet Week every October, even though there's really no more Navy presence out there aside from the mothball fleet out by Benicia. How has that managed to survive?

shotcalla10

what percent of RL officers get jets?
I'm planning on going up to the bay area in september/october to catch the Angels in action. When I was in Berkeley for college, I missed the Angels because of a basketball tournament. My girlfriend at the time went with her community service organization to volunteer at a booth and I specifically told her to buy me a toy model of an F-18 blue angel and she came back with an F-22 toy model... maybe that's why I'm not with her anymore.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
As for the show in the Bay Area, it would be stupid for Newsom or the entire city council to reject the Blue Angels, when the performers bring millions of dollars of revenue into the city.