• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Blowin' up the mess deck rumors

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
I can tell you that our community is bleeding out right now because of that very issue. Manning is the worst I've seen in my 20 years and there's no apparent relief in sight.
Brett

Is it bad enough that they are willing to take warfare transitions from non-tailhook communities? There are currently a lot of P-3 JOs that aren't planning on coming back to the community for one reason or another...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is it bad enough that they are willing to take warfare transitions from non-tailhook communities? There are currently a lot of P-3 JOs that aren't planning on coming back to the community for one reason or another...

It's in the enlisted rates, not officers. Our Maint Dept is manned to about 75 percent of where it's supposed to be.

Brett

Van

The Shipmate formerly known as AT2.
It's in the enlisted rates, not officers. Our Maint Dept is manned to about 75 percent of where it's supposed to be.

Brett

That's AIRSPEED for you! Do more with less, LEAN, 6S, JIT...you mean it isn't working for Naval Aviation Maintenance??? But...it worked for the Japanese auto industry...

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor

The O side is actually not that bad off. The anticipated bleed out of NFO's hasn't happened as quickly as we originally thought it would because the expeditionary squadron's aren't going away as early as anticipated. We also absorbed A LOT of S-3 transitioners. I think we've also got 4 former E-2 pilots in the community now - one is in Brett's squadron.

Like Brett said, its on the enlisted side. If you've got some good airframers and mechs, we'd gladly take 'em off your hands for you :)

bigwill2876

My first time in a sim was at McGuire AFB in NJ set up with a buddy that flew for NJ AirNat G,

F-4's....Mach 1.8...... straight down