• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Blowin' up the mess deck rumors

Mark Guadagnini

Attack pilot - drop 'em anywhere!
pilot
Contributor
Heroes of the aviation universe,

There are a few rumors around concerning aviation accessions. Let me try to dispel them with some ground truth:

1. We are not trying to get rid of any USN accessions awaiting API start. Naval aviation needs to retain as many of the FY2008 and FY2009 officers that signed up for Naval aviation as possible. We want you to get through the program, get your wings, and get into the Fleet!

2. It is the intent of CNATRA to get all the 2008 May/Jun ROTC and USNA graduates through API by the end of May 2009. The Fleet needs aviators, and the folks in front of API are the aviators the Fleet needs. We have worked diligently to increase the numbers of instructors in Advanced Rotary and Strike pipelines - which was the bottleneck causing the unusual size of the pre-API pool.

3. Pilot - NFO transition. It is possible for Pilot attrites (depending on the reason for attrition, CO's recommendation, and Commodore's recommendation) to transition into the NFO training pipeline.

I hope this helps clear up some things.

at altitude, guad

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Sir, thanks for the post and insight! Making the post a sticky so it doesn't get buried.

v/r

John

Rubiks06

pilot
They had a couple of slides at one of the NHA briefs i went to about this very subject. I don't remember numbers exactly, but the gentleman said there were too many people in the pool right now and that they would be upping the standard for passing. He also said they would be looking to take volunteers to switch to restricted line/ SWO if people were interested. He said that if you consistently score mid 80's in API...odds are you wont make it. They are going to be using API to attrite SNA's that dont volunteer to transfer. Seems like it is lining up with what everyone has been saying on some of the other threads. I just heard this one from the horses mouth so I figured i would pass it on.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
The awesomest point that I saw was a funding shortfall for 1500 people that's coming down the pipe...

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Right now there's a demand for 1500 AD personnel of all ranks and rates that is unfunded for... <checks notes> FY11, I think it is? This partially stems from 3 Prowler squadrons not sundowning due to DOD-level decisions and... well, there has to be something else, but it was glossed over or I didn't write it down.

Either way, the funding shortfall is there as we speak. Just remains to be seen what's done about it.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Right now there's a demand for 1500 AD personnel of all ranks and rates that is unfunded for... <checks notes> FY11, I think it is? This partially stems from 3 Prowler squadrons not sundowning due to DOD-level decisions and... well, there has to be something else, but it was glossed over or I didn't write it down.

Either way, the funding shortfall is there as we speak. Just remains to be seen what's done about it.

I can tell you that our community is bleeding out right now because of that very issue. Manning is the worst I've seen in my 20 years and there's no apparent relief in sight.

Brett