• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Blood Type?

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm O- and I got F-14s...see it works. :)

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
Donate blood, then shotgun a beer.

WHOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!

Donate blood, then go run 3 miles. he ... he ... he.

Actually, on a serious note. When I went through boot etc. etc. my blood-type was listed as O-, thats what my dog tags say as well. However, I donated blood a few months back (thats where the running story comes from) .... and when I got my card back in the mail it said A- ... I'm not sure which is correct. Should I donate again and have it confirmed as A- then tell medical at my unit? suggestions?

TrunkMonkey

Spy Navy
That's correct... so what he means... is that if they think he is an O... then they HAVE to give him O... so even if it's wrong and he is an A or a B... they will give him O anyway. Thus, no problem.

I seem to remember from watching ER that only O- was the universal donor. Any blood type can recieve it, but no other incompatable blood without major problems. Doesn't the rH factor (-/+) make a difference?

phrogpilot73

I seem to remember from watching ER that only O- was the universal donor. Any blood type can recieve it, but no other incompatable blood without major problems. Doesn't the rH factor (-/+) make a difference?
You are correct. This link has everything you could want to know about blood... O+ can get from O+ and O- only. Sweet deal for me. Oh yeah, that's right - O+ is the most common. Not bad.

So what gets helos? Anemic? :confused:
Blood Type doesn't matter - it takes guys with big balls and strong swimmers. A.K.A. - Manly Men.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My dog tags say O-, the blood bank says I'm A- What should I do?

Figure it out before you get a transfusion...while unconcious... :(

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
^^ I figured I'll hit the blood bank again and have them confirm it... then report this to my unit .. probably getting another blood test. Anyone have a better idea?

Junior? Junior? We named the dog Indiana.

Well, Wilfred Brimley, I've got A+ blood...the only time, ironically, I've ever see A+ on any "official paperwork." And I'm not anemic...my shit always sinks.

~D

Jebus H. it was a joke not even aimed at you, lighten up Francis. I too have A pos, that sucked because it only netted a whopping 5 bucks on vampire liberty. The AB types got at least ten times that.