• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Blood Type?

Mr. Blonde

My ass is a motherfuckin' champion
pilot
Has anyone had this problem before?

My recruiter called and said NAS Corpus won't release my flight physical until they find out my blood type. I have no clue what it is, neither do my parents, and it's not in my records at my doctor's office. They took my blood while I was there so I'd think they should know what it is. Does anyone know the quickest and easiest way to find out? I thought about calling the records department at my birth hospital but I don't even know if they test for that at birth, let alone if they could find my records from 25 years ago.

UMichfly

pilot
None
Go donate blood. They'll tell you your blood type fairly quickly, it's free, and you're punching the good karma clock all at once. This is of course assuming you're actually eligible to donate and don't have the AIDS etc.

Purdue

Chicks Dig Rotors...
pilot
Whenever I forget... I just check my dogtags. But before I had them, I had to do the Donate Blood thing... or isn't it on your birth certificate? I'm pretty sure it's on mine...

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I just had some orders held up in the reserves because my blood type was not in my medical records........after 10 years in the Navy?! So I had to make a special trip down to the unit and get my blood drawn and get my orders released. The wonders of the Navy never cease to amaze me.......:eek:

MasterBates

My medical record has O+..

To my knowledges, I have never been tested. I think they assume because mom is O+ and Dad is O-, I am O+.

I guess there is not much danger in that, because even if I am not O+, O is universal donor, and won't hurt anyways. At least my flight surgeon said so.. :eek:

snake020

Contributor
My flying class physical tested for blood type. Dunno why they can't with all the other labs they do.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I guess there is not much danger in that, because even if I am not O+, O is universal donor, and won't hurt anyways. At least my flight surgeon said so.. :eek:

But doesn't universal donor mean that you can give to anyone, but must receive from O?

Mr. Blonde

My ass is a motherfuckin' champion
pilot
They didn't take your blood at the flight physical?

They did, which is why I'm confused. I wouldn't be surprised if they have mis-identified mine and someone else's and they're trying to narrow down who's-who. :icon_wink

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
But doesn't universal donor mean that you can give to anyone, but must receive from O?

That's correct... so what he means... is that if they think he is an O... then they HAVE to give him O... so even if it's wrong and he is an A or a B... they will give him O anyway. Thus, no problem.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
My flying class physical tested for blood type. Dunno why they can't with all the other labs they do.

It's seriously a matter of taking a few drops of blood, adding the A/B antigens, and seeing whether or not it coagulates. If they have his blood, they should be able to do this.