• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Blackwater Helo down in Iraq

bobbybrock

None
So how does that work with a guy being in the Guard/Reserves and working for a PMC. I always thought it would create a sort of conflict of interest. Is it somewhat common to have Guard/Reservist pilots flying for them over there? Are there Specwar reservists doing the same thing? What are the regulations?

XMID,
The guard and reserve are a weird sort. We have all kinds of guys running around here who are on different types of full time status. You can basically leave and come back and have a full time job or just do the part time thing with the guard. I don't see the conflict of intrest though. As far as the reg ?I'm not sure.
Most of the guys I now in the air arm of Blackwater are retired guys. Most but not all come from the 160th.I know the assesment there is not all flying and you better have a pretty good military background. I have two buddies who where SOF ground bubbas then went to flight school and then ended up at Blackwater. That is the type of person they are looking for over there.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
...The guard and reserve are a weird sort. ....
No we're not ... back in the day ... we even gave the Sandanistas fits .... unofficially documented .... officially sanctioned .... believe it. :)

bobbybrock said:
Most of the guys I now in the air arm of Blackwater are retired guys. ...
Retired guys in Blackwater's Air Force???:eek: That's right ... ;)

bobbybrock

None
A4's,
What I ment by a weird sort is the fact that there are numerous ways one can serve in the qaurd or reserve. In California we have I believe eight or nine was to serve full time. I was active for some time and I'm now a guard bubba.