• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BINGO profile...

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
KMAC - Most of our AC are more 38.5 than 38. It was the TCAS/TAWS mod that pushed it to that. I use 38.5 as my personal rule and use that example when I am teaching the rule. Do you guys run into the rule of 11 often? I've only really seen it when doing the long OEF hits out of OBBI and I don't feel like using a dirt runway in Pakistan as a divert w/DV's. Next closest runway is 250nm away.

Usually it only occurs on cruise. And it's not just the long hits that will get you there. Sometimes you'll take some engine parts, or something heavy, and will bump up your zero fuel weight to the point where you may have only 3K left to bingo. Perhaps the weather is crappy from where you're taking off and that +1000 lbs for IMC gets you close. Case in point: diverting to Kadena from the boat when it was only 150 miles away. We had been packing the CODs so much that when we dumped down to OTB weight, we'd get just one pass at the boat.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We can shut down two good engines :D

Figured you were adjusting gross weight for landings. Is that limitation based on the arresting gear, or airframe? Is there an overweight landing option at the boat?

If I was in the EP3 community, we could just pick a random foreign country to land in and ignore BINGO. I keed...

Funny guy.......had a VQ CO yet? We only let you fly as a Super JO to suck up that VP money.........;)

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Usually it only occurs on cruise. And it's not just the long hits that will get you there. Sometimes you'll take some engine parts, or something heavy, and will bump up your zero fuel weight to the point where you may have only 3K left to bingo. Perhaps the weather is crappy from where you're taking off and that +1000 lbs for IMC gets you close. Case in point: diverting to Kadena from the boat when it was only 150 miles away. We had been packing the CODs so much that when we dumped down to OTB weight, we'd get just one pass at the boat.

Concur, I like to use the IMC BINGO #'s when the divert was 200+ NM away, Always made it a bit close... I'm heading back there tonight to join Det 4 and swap out w/the AOIC. He's gotta roll...