• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Bill Maher Does It Again

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, Bill Maher, one of the biggest putzes on TV, has done it again. He couldn't stop after calling the 9/11 hijackers "warriors". Instead, he says this little quip:

Quoting the blog, Maher said, "I have zero doubt that if Dick Cheney was not in power, people wouldn’t be dying needlessly tomorrow."

Asked by Frank if Maher believed that sentiment, the host replied, "I’m just saying if he did die, other people, more people would live. That’s a fact."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,256650,00.html

Intruder Driver

All Weather Attack
pilot
Bill Maher falls into the category of those who have never served or produced. He was an English major at Cornell who went to comedy clubs and stand up comedy after graduation and has done nothing else.

He hides behind the 'irreverent comedy' label like the wimp he is.

Intruder Driver

All Weather Attack
pilot
This is from Maher's blog, and it is typical of his bravado:

"...And as it turns out, Philip Perry wasn't just your garden-variety White House chemical industry hack -- he's married to Elizabeth Cheney, the Cheney daughter who likes boys. The asshole doesn't fall far from the tree."

In grade school, Bill probably hid behind his teacher when tough guys were around. Now he simply hides behind freedom of speech.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think of him like Al Franken... a useless idiot who is using their success from comedy to push a political agenda.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
I think of him like Al Franken... a useless idiot who is using their success from comedy to push a political agenda.

Yeah exactly. But I still can't stand even the sight of Franken, that guy just looks obnoxious!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor

Then why validate either of them w/ a thread? A rhetorical question, not a dig on you, Fly, but it always amazes me how much energy gets expended on the web about things that everyone agrees shouldn't have energy expended on it.

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
Bill Maher falls into the category of those who have never served or produced. He was an English major at Cornell who went to comedy clubs and stand up comedy after graduation and has done nothing else.

He hides behind the 'irreverent comedy' label like the wimp he is.

Ahhh the sweet sound of truth... well stated. Whenever I listen to him I always ask myself "what is he trying to say?" ... hes not even clever anymore... At least some of his older standup like "be more cynical" had a little substance... these days his show is just a waste of good air time IMO. I'd rather watch Rome or something.

Ryker044

Growing a stache just like Selleck.
Then why validate either of them w/ a thread? A rhetorical question, not a dig on you, Fly, but it always amazes me how much energy gets expended on the web about things that everyone agrees shouldn't have energy expended on it.

Life would just get dull...

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

Because sometimes it's just healthy to bitch about something :)

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot

Hey gator, did you realize Anna Nichole Smith just recently died??

Agree with above. And I actually, for once, agree with joboy. Celebrities have on more than one occasion used their status to push you name it... Shut up and perform, clown!