• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BIG CHANGES coming to the NROTC Scholarship

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Can't say what exactly, but expect BIG CHANGES, significant changes on how scholarships are awarded. This is coming straight from the NSTC/NROTC pipeline. Those currently with scholarships will be "grandfathered" (meaning no changes- don't worry), but for those applying next year, stay tuned...

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So "big changes" that you can't talk about because you are, for some reason, not at liberty to discuss? If so, why are you starting a thread about it? Or "big changes" that you have no idea what they are, in which case, why are you starting a thread? The original post has not enlightened a single soul in the Naval Aviation community about any "big changes."

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
I know something you don't know...nah nah-nah nah-nah nah.

For some of you, your future will change drastically. For others, not so much. Until you know which group you are in, just stay up nights and sweat it.

Nothing quite like throwing a grenade into someone's future room and leaving while locking the door behind you.

Yet again, you started a thread that shows you enjoy controlling the info and people's future. At least in the other one you actually provided useful information. This one is a flat out power trip.

Others disagreed with me before, perhaps they can see it now.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So is this where we post our pontifications about what might happen to NROTC scholarships in the future?

I'll go first: Partial Scholarships like the Army but monthly stipends will go up 3 fold.

BigRed389

None
I know something you don't know...nah nah-nah nah-nah nah.

For some of you, your future will change drastically. For others, not so much. Until you know which group you are in, just stay up nights and sweat it.

Nothing quite like throwing a grenade into someone's future room and leaving while locking the door behind you.

Yet again, you started a thread that shows you enjoy controlling the info and people's future. At least in the other one you actually provided useful information. This one is a flat out power trip.

Others disagreed with me before, perhaps they can see it now.

So...I kinda see where you're coming from, but I think you're getting mixed up between 2 different officer recruiters (DIVO and Rufio) on this site in referencing the previous thread.

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
So...I kinda see where you're coming from, but I think you're getting mixed up between 2 different officer recruiters (DIVO and Rufio) on this site in referencing the previous thread.
You are correct. Thanks for the correction. I still think I'm right about one of them:)

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
So is this where we post our pontifications about what might happen to NROTC scholarships in the future?

I'll go first: Partial Scholarships like the Army but monthly stipends will go up 3 fold.

Bingo. We got more word today, but essentially scholarships will be broken apart based on major and school to a certain extent. For technical majors (engineering, math, etc.) you will continue to receive 100% tuition payment. For everything else, scholarships will only go up to 20K or 10K (liberal arts majors). Any other tuition you'll have to pay out of pocket.

exNavyOffRec

Bingo. We got more word today, but essentially scholarships will be broken apart based on major and school to a certain extent. For technical majors (engineering, math, etc.) you will continue to receive 100% tuition payment. For everything else, scholarships will only go up to 20K or 10K (liberal arts majors). Any other tuition you'll have to pay out of pocket.

sounds like the USN is really putting an emphasis on tech majors.

exNavyOffRec

Which is so freakin stupid. If you want to make more nukes, make nuke quality of life suck less.

It's probably more than that, the program authorizations that have been updated over the past several years have shifted to say "technical degrees preferred" and "non tech degrees acceptable"

jmcquate

Contributor
Wow.........dumb. The ability to read, write, and analyze, makes a good officer. Too bad. Welcome to the brave new world of computers/drones fighting wars.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This constant emphasis on tech majors boggles my mind. Are there any statistics that prove that officers with technical majors are more successful than ones with humanities majors? Or are they just that hard up for potential nukes? Either way, it seems stupid. (Says the history major who has somehow not had his mind blown by Navy technology)