• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Best X/C airfields?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedj

bch said:
Cna't believe I am going to give texas props... San Antonio is a good time... if for no other reason, you got the river walk and more strip clubs in a 10 mile radius than I have ever seen.... not that we ever went to any on a CCX...

River walk is great, Austin is even better though. UT, the per capita ratio of hot girls is very competitive. and I am not a very big fan of the state either. texas just did not do it for me.(except for Austin)

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Pacos TX, home made STEAK burritos, very good. Just a nifty place, lots of cool pics and patches from various squadrons that go there. You may see some cool helos, I saw apaches there.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
PropStop said:
Pacos TX, home made STEAK burritos, very good. Just a nifty place, lots of cool pics and patches from various squadrons that go there. You may see some cool helos, I saw apaches there.

I can't believe someone actually recommended Pecos?!? The airport may not be too bad (free burritos and cokes, but that's it) but the town is an absolute dump.

I second on David Wayne Hooks. We weren't even shut down yet and some hottie in a skirt was parked by the bird with a golf cart and cooler. Service is great, food is great.

San Antonio was awesome. I forget the name of the FBO, but it lost the military contract shortly after we left and went to Vertex across the runway. That was our last stop on our way back to KNGP. The FBO apologized greatly for only having a Jag and a Mercedes left. My IP said, " Well, we'll just have to settle for the Jag then..." which we took to Hooters on the river walk which is where I briefed my Primary Instrument check. (can we say Distractions?)

Las Cruces was a nice little FBO. In primary we were there for a couple of months out of Corpus. No free food, but the little grill in there is great. The town itself is a neat little town with some of the best Mexican food I've come across.

Key West is nice...because it's Key West

Every helo guy knows about Florala and maybe even a few North Field guys as well. Some of the best food I've seen at an FBO and free too which is always a bonus.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
E5B said:
Every helo guy knows about Florala and maybe even a few North Field guys as well. Some of the best food I've seen at an FBO and free too which is always a bonus.

Was just about to mention it but I thought, nah, it's too small and out-of-the way for anyone not flying a helo or a T-34. That said, whoever decided to first combine pulled pork and burritos deserves a medal. Best. food. EVER. :tongue2_1

Reactions: E5B
Status
Not open for further replies.