• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Best way to build up push ups

akdorsey

You got a problem with me?
I guess I'm just going to start doing some kind of routine each day and eventually i'll build up.

akdorsey

You got a problem with me?
I figured something out. I can do more push ups with my hands father apart and I can do more push ups with my feet on my bed. What does this mean?

schwarti

Contributor
If you're right-handed, and I'm assuming you are, it's because you use your right hand for everything. Try switching things up a little.

BigRed389

None
I figured something out. I can do more push ups with my hands father apart and I can do more push ups with my feet on my bed. What does this mean?

Dude...in your profile you say you like to lift weights.

Pushups are similar to the bench press...this shouldn't be too hard to figure out.
You know...changing grip width...incline/decline...

bsubdevils

What I've been doing is do 12, then rest a minute, 12 more, rest a minute, 10, rest, 10, rest, repeat until you can't do anymore. Takes a while but it's nice and you can get about 200 in before you know it. I've raised my pushup level in the 2minute window by about 20 in the 3 weeks I've been doing this workout!

LordTravi

Annoying Pre-BDCP Guy
I notice most of you guys do pushups a lot. Daily or more.

Most of the stuff I've seen about building muscle says it's best to do stuff every 2 or 3 days.

Just wondering what the deal with that is.

BigRed389

None
I notice most of you guys do pushups a lot. Daily or more.

Most of the stuff I've seen about building muscle says it's best to do stuff every 2 or 3 days.

Just wondering what the deal with that is.

Because pushups aren't(or shouldn't) be hard enough to require that much recovery time.

That kind of recovery time is more suited to somebody who's lifting high weight low rep sets.

A strength & conditioning forum is probably better if you want the nerdy science behind the why.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Push-up Help?

I'm going into the BDCP program and I am going to have to take my PRT soon. I suck at pushups doing them the perfect way. Run is easy and curl-ups to me are a joke but pushups always seem to rip my soul out.

So any tips on some things to do outside of doing more pushups?

Also how do Navy graders grade?

I've taken plenty of Army PFT test and noticed a lot of variation in grader strictness which is why I've passed pushups in the passed and failed miserably at other times.