• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Best navy platform for commercial pilot pathway?

Senorpatio

pilot
Hello, I am new to the site and am currently Navy enlisted, I plan on putting in an OCS package this year. My question is which Navy platform, if any, is the best for setting up a career as a commercial pilot?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hello, I am new to the site and am currently Navy enlisted, I plan on putting in an OCS package this year. My question is which Navy platform, if any, is the best for setting up a career as a commercial pilot?

Hey there, tons of information on here to include military to civilian aviation transition. I would highly encourage to search around the threads to better guide you. Additonally, I’m sure you have or will have questions about the OCS application process - same deal tons of information you can find on here with a simple search.

Chances that someone will help you out here improve by 42% if you do the homework and search around before asking.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I like your thought process. It shows good planning for the future.

Fixed wing it best like Frank said, but as a pilot and not as a NFO.

Senorpatio

pilot
Yeah, if I get selected for OCS, Ill basically only have 11 years left until retirement is an option. I just wanted to see if one platform would set me up for transition better than others.

desertflyer

Take your GI bill and put it towards full time civilian pilot training. You can be to an airline in two years. If your goal is to be a commercial pilot, that's the quickest way.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
*experiencing technical difficulties*

*disregard*

:confused:

Last edited: