• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Best Naval Aviation movies

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Another period that brings to mind would be Korea. I read David Hackworth’s autobiography, and while everyone associates him and it with his service in Vietnam, the Korean conflict seems like it doesn’t get enough attention.

A movie about Tom Hudner and Jesse Brown would be pretty damn compelling.

Not to mention that there hasn’t been a good “naval aviation in Korea” movie since The Bridges at Toko-Ri.

jmcquate

Contributor
here hasn’t been a good “aviation in Korea” movie since The Bridges at Toko-Ri.
Fixed that for ya.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
You forgot the Blue Angel TV series..........and the answer is no.
OK...just watched an episode on YouTube. First, 1960 was before my bedtime so I never saw it as a kid! That said there were some fun parts with the Blue’s flying F-11 Tigers and having all manner of adventures. Thanks for the education!

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
I guess if I had to choose between “the lesser of two weevils.”
One of my favorite authors, I thought they did a decent job with the movie. It’s a source of pride to own and have read all the books (gotta love a boat deployment) but that was a serious investment of time and a little money...

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Saw a new preview for Midway this past weekend (took the wife to see Downton Abbey). Over all I’d give it a B leaning toward a B+. There are a few hysterical scenes with a Dauntless doing some stuff it probably couldn’t do and, yes, some “flying between the trees” scenes. The attack on Midway looks very good as did the brief view of a damaged carrier (I assume after Coral Sea). My guess is that all the Top Gun looking stuff is to get the kids cheering. I’m looking forward to seeing it.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Saw a new preview for Midway this past weekend (took the wife to see Downton Abbey). Over all I’d give it a B leaning toward a B+. There are a few hysterical scenes with a Dauntless doing some stuff it probably couldn’t do and, yes, some “flying between the trees” scenes. The attack on Midway looks very good as did the brief view of a damaged carrier (I assume after Coral Sea). My guess is that all the Top Gun looking stuff is to get the kids cheering. I’m looking forward to seeing it.
Just so long as it's not Pearl Harbor Part Deux . . . ??