• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Best Naval Aviation movies

MattWSU

pilot
Contributor
Speed and Angels, but it's not a "movie" per say. I guess the new Transformers movie is supposed to have an aircraft carrier transformer so expect some naval aviation there.

lol, how big of a fvcking robot is that thing going to be? Optimus will be like an insect by comparison.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
My Favorite Naval Aviation Movie: Super Tuesday

"Actually I've only done this twice...

Oh really, how'd you do before?

Crash and burned on the first one.

Yeah, how about the second one?

I don't know, but it's looking pretty good so far..." :D

phrogpilot73

The Great Santini. One of the better guys' movies that has some emotional crap thrown in for the ladies.
We would watch that at least weekly when on day crew in Iraq. Great movie. Our XO came in one day and said "now that's how you raise a kid." And was serious.

Agreed. Top Gun is a close second though. :D
Yay! Someone else admitted it! :D[/QUOTE]
You're allowed to because you're a chick. Ken on the other hand, should receive an infraction for putting The Final Countdown and Top Gun in the same post... :)

Stearmann4

I'm here for the Jeeehawd!
None
You haven't lived until you've subjected yourself to 4 hours of a John and Martha King instructional video. Seriously, I got Dive Bomber for Christmas, my sons and I have watched twice already. Where else can you see a flight of 20 Vultee dive bombers fly over base ops at North Island at 150'?

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Seriously, I got Dive Bomber for Christmas, my sons and I have watched twice already. Where else can you see a flight of 20 Vultee dive bombers fly over base ops at North Island at 150'?

Don't forget "The Fighting Lady" either. USS Yorktown (CV-10) story that has some rare footage of the hangar deck cat shots.

joshmf

I think I liked the Okie from Muskogee more.:D

Back on topic, I'm awaiting a movie called "Proud" which was recommended to me. It is allegedly about the only Black crew to take a warship into combat during WII. Quite honestly, I've never heard this story so I am not sure if this is based upon a real event or not so if anyone can provide some additional information, I'd be obliged.

The movie "Proud" is based on the book Proudly We Served:

http://www.amazon.com/Proudly-We-Served-Men-Mason/dp/1557504539

published by the Naval Institute Press, so it's probably reliable. More information on the USS Mason can be found here:

http://www.ussmason.org/

EvilGN

pilot
In the original Transformers there was Metroplex, an entire city...and the saturn rocket guy with launch pad and tram, both of whome would/should have towed over even the Constructicon type multi robots.