• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Best Naval Aviation movies

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Well, it has been about 28+ years since the incident (1988-89 ish), and 22 years since my last runup in the Seahawk. 60R time in sim was with rotors already turning. In the 60 A/L/M we do the HYD LEAK check at idle. I guess I forgot about the differences.

View attachment 19955
Since it was both of our first times ever doing the alert checklist (EVER), its possible it was more than just a wrong switch. Writing this, I remember some other issues like a bad ground power cable. Besides, we're talking fodder for a movie. Since when are movies ever accurate portrayals of real life, except of course the women's panties over the head scene in Firebirds!
:rolleyes:
My reply was also meant in jest, mostly because you had already said you had difficulty with limits (like we all do). Yeah, humor can be hard to convey over the interwebs.

You want to see a real military masterpiece, watch this...and try not to lose your cookies.
Setting aside the misappropriation of government resources, it is a good thing that they crashed at a suitable airfield but a bad thing that they left the injured guy in the ship when they scooted away.

Has anyone seen my cookies?

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
Setting aside the misappropriation of government resources, it is a good thing that they crashed at a suitable airfield but a bad thing that they left the injured guy in the ship when they scooted away.

Has anyone seen my cookies?
I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice that. The making of that video was a serious shitshow, of which misappropriation of resources was just one of its maladies.

Max the Mad Russian

Hands off Ukraine! Feet too
Gents,

Do we have "worst naval movie" rating?

Hollywood seems to intend to bury the USN Silent Service's image. The new "Hunter Killer" is the worst Navy-related movie I've ever seen. Absolute trash. Save your time and money.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Gents,

Do we have "worst naval movie" rating?

Hollywood seems to intend to bury the USN Silent Service's image. The new "Hunter Killer" is the worst Navy-related movie I've ever seen. Absolute trash. Save your time and money.
Is that because the camera angle from the back of the theater included all the people getting up to go to the bathroom during the movie?

Max the Mad Russian

Hope the "Kursk" would be better. Since such movie cannot be filmed in Russia due to controversies about that accident and widespread belief that Kursk had been sunk by torpedo from either USS Toledo or USS Memphis, it is good to have at least something as reminder...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hope the "Kursk" would be better. Since such movie cannot be filmed in Russia due to controversies about that accident and widespread belief that Kursk had been sunk by torpedo from either USS Toledo or USS Memphis, it is good to have at least something as reminder...
Really? Who believes that? Is it more embarrassing, as a proud culture and nation, to have your submarine sunk in peacetime by an American sub, or by the crew’s own ineptitude which leads them to inadvertently destroy their own vessel? Either way, the Russian navy is a joke.

Max the Mad Russian

Brett, I didn't say that this all was that way. I said there is an opinion which the people stick with. Mostly those who have never been below the water. But it is simpler for them to believe in the potential of the USN weapon than to doubt in reliability of Russian one. People is people, you know.
Russian Navy is far from the joke, at least there in deep. But the most embarrassing thing about this Russian silent service is that it is very-very silent and no one knows how bad or good things are actually. The most modern and potent nuclear subs in Russia ain't belong to the Navy, this is simultaneously a joke and sad truth...