• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Best Duty Stations

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
IMWO....NAS North Island. San Diego has some negatives but overall, I love the place.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
bunk22 said:
IMWO....NAS North Island. San Diego has some negatives but overall, I love the place.

I loved it there, but can't afford to live there anymore...

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
HooverPilot said:
I loved it there, but can't afford to live there anymore...

Yeah, it's tough to live (own) in San Diego. I'm selling the house when I move to Florida at the end of the summer.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
San Diego pretty much has everything, Navy and Marine, except Tacair and -53Es (Navy). K-Bay has -60Bs, P-3s, and -53Ds (Marine), as well as a few unreachable platforms for a first tour guy (VR, VPU).

For our Coastie brethern... Jayhawks in San Dog and -65s in Barbers, although why, I'll never understand.

nublett

Been there, done that.
I believe everything has now been moved from Barbers to K-Bay. That's good though. Barbers used to be nice (years ago) but now it could be condemed.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
nublett said:
I believe everything has now been moved from Barbers to K-Bay. That's good though. Barbers used to be nice (years ago) but now it could be condemed.
Coast Guard aircraft are still at Barbers Point (or John Rodgers or Kalaeloa, whichever you want to call it). Along with all the bugsmashers you could want.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
webmaster said:
Coast Guard aircraft are still at Barbers Point (or John Rodgers or Kalaeloa, whichever you want to call it)....
Roger That ... helo's AND C-130's ... with the occasional P-3 from MCBH thrown in for good measure.

Kinda nice little 'Cosastie Bar, too ... old Hawaii-style. :icon_rast

nublett

Been there, done that.
I stand corrected. I forgot about the Coasties (damn, how could I). I was out there (Barbers) the other day and it really is a shame how the base has deteriorated.

I'm surprised more people haven't listed more Texas bases. Personally, Southern Texas is the best place I've ever been stationed, but I like just about all the bases in the state.