• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Best at OCS

Pmurphy21

OCS candidate for spring/summer 2013
How much weight did you guys lose while at OCS?

I was actually one of the few people to gain weight at OCS through muscle. The first week or so be prepared to be hungry as soon as you leave the chow hall. After you get wet hots, bread and peanut butter it got a lot better and you actually can start choosing your healthier meal options.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
I was actually one of the few people to gain weight at OCS through muscle. The first week or so be prepared to be hungry as soon as you leave the chow hall. After you get wet hots, bread and peanut butter it got a lot better and you actually can start choosing your healthier meal options.
They don't have to wait for hot wets and peanut butter anymore, chow hall is almost completely unlocked now.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Wow so apparently I had one of the last classes that got to experience the full fun of chow hall...
You and me both, on the day my class (13-13) graduated, we were told that eating by the numbers was secured for good. Sometime after that, I heard on here that all but desserts and soda and whatnot is now unlocked from the start. Soon they'll be letting them have funny chow again.
Your name looks familiar, were you with 11-13?

Pmurphy21

OCS candidate for spring/summer 2013
You and me both, on the day my class (13-13) graduated, we were told that eating by the numbers was secured for good. Sometime after that, I heard on here that all but desserts and soda and whatnot is now unlocked from the start. Soon they'll be letting them have funny chow again.

That I would be. And that is crazy, I remember having to fight for every little thing that we got.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
That I would be. And that is crazy, I remember having to fight for every little thing that we got.
Ditto. Our DI was actually relatively generous, but we still worked our asses off to get stuff. It didn't help that our sister company got like every single streamer. When they got cereal after winning drill comp by two points, I was so pissed. Now the friggin' indocs can have Lucky Charms.

Kyler Boeck

Pro-rec SWO waiting for FS
Random question, Did you guys have a specific type of socks to wear? I know they have to be white but how high do they need to go?

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Random question, Did you guys have a specific type of socks to wear? I know they have to be white but how high do they need to go?
That is random. I believe if you are a Nuke, you have to wear black socks with your white go-fasters:
blacksocks.jpg

:/

Whatever you do, don't show up with these socks:

THStripeTopSocksWhite.jpg

:D

Last edited:

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Standard crew socks, mine stop at about the mid-calf when they're fully "motivated" (pulled up all the way). I'd just use the issued ones if you don't wear crew socks otherwise. You'll need a single pair to wear to check-in Sunday, but later that day you'll get issued a bunch.

Nuknfuts

T'was fun being the last class to have experienced eating by the numbers.... and the last to have had grab and go forced through week 5. Ahh good times I never want to do again

Eating by the numbers is gone, and there were a bunch of other changes on the horizon when I left. New CO and all that.

I heard you can't blast kids before welcome to the regiment (we were the last class that did), we weren't allowed to go above a speaking voice with our Indocs, and you have to give them ample time in the morning for wake up / getting dressed. No more screaming and beating on doors.

You get candi-o billets in the last few weeks of OCS, when your companies enter 'candidate officer phase.' This is arguably the hardest part of OCS in which to be a leader, because everyone is now fairly secure/not scared about OCS any more. And they see the finish line (aka, drop the pack). People who have never been in the military, and some who have, just can't stand being told what to do by their peers. So they don't. Or they do, complaining and whining all the way. The attitude gets infectious and by the end you just want to punch people in the face. The motivators and hard workers get crapped on with all the work, the slackers generally hide from duties and (*#& off.

This is 100% true. There were maybe six people in my class that did 90% of the work in Candio phase. Of those, half were prior enlisted. The other half were people that came out of H-Class. It was absolute hell. I got less sleep as a Candio in 3 weeks then I did as an indoc in any one week. Add on it, that these guys pulling everyone else along? They got shit on, one and all, by most of the class team. They got more RPT / Demerits, chewed out more, and generally fucked with more than the people who skated.

SWO, Reg Adj, Reg Sub Comm and Indoc Comms got absolutely fucking wrecked even when everyone else was on liberty. As true today as it was three years ago.

Last edited: