• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Best Air Force Joke/Insult

hokieav8r

~Bring the Wood!~
None
Yes - where would you rather stop on a cross-country flight - an Army/Navy/USMC/ or USAFA base?

But they're still the most fun to make fun of. (of which to make fun?).

I prefer posh FBOs that have reclining leather seats in a surround sound theater blacked out with your selection of movies on virtual DVD, hot popcorn machine, coffee made to order and they take the AIR Card.

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
Q for Hacker: Does the AF still have a party commissar (not in either flight crew) sit-in on all pre-flight briefs to make sure all the requisite subjects are covered properly? This always semed an attempt to nail flight crews more than to ensure flight safety. JMHO, though.

Never heard of that one. When did you hear/see that happening? It's just ridiculous enough to believe!

I've only been flying in the fighter/training community, though. It may exist elsewhere and I may not have heard of it.

Don't speak of it too loud. It sounds exactly like something the current leadership would absolutely love to institute.

I recommend visiting www.chairforce.com. The rebel forces on the USAF team poke fun at themselves pretty well.

There's plenty to make fun of, that's for sure.

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
Re someone sitting/participating in flight brief who's not in involved aircrews.

Never heard of that one. When did you hear/see that happening? It's just ridiculous enough to believe!

I've only been flying in the fighter/training community, though. It may exist elsewhere and I may not have heard of it.

My VF SRU used to fight active-duty F-15s from Williams & Holloman fairly regularly, and we never saw this, either. But after the NavAirRes moved to F-14s (from F-4s), I went over to Carswell AFB where the AFRes unit had just switched from 105s to Phantoms. Was flirting w/ an interservice transfer to keep flying, but my rank (0-5) seemed to be a problem even if everything else would work. I sat in on a couple of briefs, and in each case there was a pilot/WSO there participating in the brief, but not in either flight crew. His role seemed to be to ensure that they covered everything on somebody's checklist. May have been a temporary thing, if you're not familiar with this as a recurring item. Am embarrassed to say this was 25 years now. Thanks for responding.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
The AF dudes I'm taking a class with here at Hurlburt seem to be pretty locked on, most are JTACs or SOF types, and I get a better haircut (medium reg fade no less) at their BX Barber shop than I can on or around NAS Pensacola.

Though they do seem to be pretty lax on the saluting...

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Why don't you burn him with how the Air Force deploys less, has hotter females, and nicer facilities...oh, SNAP!

Wait a sec...that doesn't seem that bad.:confused:

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
My two favorite insults to the 'zoomies' is:

A. Have you ever noticed that we haven't won a war since the Air Force became its own service? I guess they're the military equivalent of France!

B. The Air Force doesn't have traditions; only habits.

HuggyU2

None
Certainly, you've heard of how each of the Service "secures the building"? It's a good dig at us in the USAF.

jtmedli

pilot
Why don't you burn him with how the Air Force deploys less, has hotter females, and nicer facilities...oh, SNAP!

Wait a sec...that doesn't seem that bad.:confused:

That's because you left off the bad part
1) tell him the above
2) tell him how it won't matter 'cause the AF females know the difference between a Pilot and a Naval Aviator...ZING!!

:D

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Certainly, you've heard of how each of the Service "secures the building"? It's a good dig at us in the USAF.

I realize it's a joke, but we use that story up here at the Naval War College when we discuss Joint doctrine and the UJTL.
Since doctrine provides us a common language, we use that 'story' to show the benefits of a common vocabulary!!