• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Benefits

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
Not looking forward to the dark ages, but still, I know it's right for me, seeing what my non-USNA friends have done. I like being as busy as I am there.

Like what, have a life? :D

kegstand.jpg

1249686.jpg

Just keep telling yourself that during the Dark Ages. ;)

HD

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
Dont you go to riddle?...

Yes, but remember that I spent a year at Central Florida (42,000 students with more girls than boys :D ) and that being a FL resident, my friends go to FSU, UCF, or UF. I don't stay in Daytona Beach for the weekends. I spend copious amounts of time at UF (dispite my disdain for the school, the girls rock) closely followed by UCF and FSU. :D Its the only way to survive riddle IMHO. I mean, look how Mefesto turned out. :eek:

HD

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Yes, but remember that I spent a year at Central Florida (42,000 students with more girls than boys :D ) and that being a FL resident, my friends go to FSU, UCF, or UF. I don't stay in Daytona Beach for the weekends. I spend copious amounts of time at UF (dispite my disdain for the school, the girls rock) closely followed by UCF and FSU. :D Its the only way to survive riddle IMHO. I mean, look how Mefesto turned out. :eek:

HD

I here you. Those are some pretty good schools for picking up chicks. Keep in mind though that there ARE schools around Severn Tech. It was my experience that most of the girls there were DIEING to meet some USNA mids...;) And if you've never been over the wall Dan, you're missing out.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
... just dont jump it.

Fastest way to knock yourself out of being competitive for Aviation at the Academy is conduct.

So I've seen...

Army/Navy plebes got an overnight to take in Annapolis... Bridal party full of hot women approached us, and one hot woman in a sexy red dress starts the conversation:

"Hey you guys!"
"Uhh, hello ma'am."
"O don't call me ma'am, I'm not that old" (She was prolly mid/upper 20s)
"Ok"
"Do you know anywhere to party around here, or go dancing?"
"Well, not really..."
"Don't you go to college around here?"
"Well yeah, but we're not allowed out much."
"Wow, it sounds like you're caged beasts... I wonder if there's anything that can be done to help you guys."
Friend: "Ooo, I can think of alot of things." :D

Listen High, as soon as I found out you go to Riddle, all of your insults at USNA were completely invalidated. Enjoy your weekend flight-simming. :p

Either way man, as much as you can say, I have a good time at USNA doing some of the things we do. Yeah, alot of things suck it big, but alot of things are fun, and all of a sudden, fun becomes ALOT sweeter. Like I said, USNA is not for everyone, but it is for me.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Fastest way to knock yourself out of being competitive for Aviation at the Academy is conduct.

I'm living proof that's not the case. Restriction, demerits, the whole works, had it all.

The fastest way to get knocked out of competition for aviation is to screw up and not learn from your mistakes.

MrSaturn

Contributor
I'm living proof that's not the case. Restriction, demerits, the whole works, had it all.

The fastest way to get knocked out of competition for aviation is to screw up and not learn from your mistakes.

That is true. All I know it that out of the factors that go into selection AOM, MOM, OOM, ECAs, Conduct etc. Conduct is the easiest to control.

Back to trying to help the guy out with choosing where to go to school. The plebe apparently is having fun and you might too. I just want to remind you.

Going to the academy to party is like going to the desert for water. Your only going to get it if you go somewhere else and your going to have to look for it. (The farther the better)

DanMa1156

pilot
Contributor
I should rephrase, like I realize the "fun" at the academy is probably not what normal people would consider fun. I enjoy the physical aspects of alot of the things we do. I love being on the crew team. I love the friendships I have here that I know I wouldn't have at somewhere else (except maybe like VMI, El Cid, Texas A&M, maybe even Norwich). I don't mind wearing the uniform. I still have a sense of pride when I hear colors go off. I like being able to be taught by alot of officers. I mean, of course, I'm looking forward to being an upperclass and going out to have real fun every so often, but still, it's not as bad as people make it out to be if you

a) want to be in the Navy
b) are willing to work hard
c) have a sense of why you're doing what you're doing.

With those things in mind, the Academy isn't just a place to survive, but honestly a place where people can thrive at.

And I apologize if I sounded like a total Joe there; and MrSaturn has it pretty spot on in regards to partying.

SlickAg

pilot
I love the friendships I have here that I know I wouldn't have at somewhere else (except maybe like VMI, El Cid, Texas A&M, maybe even Norwich). I don't mind wearing the uniform. I still have a sense of pride when I hear colors go off. I like being able to be taught by alot of officers. I mean, of course, I'm looking forward to being an upperclass and going out to have real fun every so often, but still, it's not as bad as people make it out to be if you

a) want to be in the Navy
b) are willing to work hard
c) have a sense of why you're doing what you're doing.

With those things in mind, the Academy isn't just a place to survive, but honestly a place where people can thrive at.

That's a great attitude to have. The Corps had its downer moments but the good times made it worth it in the end. My friends from normal NROTC/OCS are still kind of like man, why would you do that voluntarily? It's really tough to explain to people who haven't gone through a similar experience, but I love knowing that I did something difficult and unique. To each his own. Every now and then I wonder what might have been had I gone to Tulane, Vanderbilt, or UPenn, but I'm still where I've always wanted to be. So it worked out okay. Keep it up, it's definitely worth it in the end.

DanMa1156

pilot
Contributor
You sound like a Joe if you use the word... Joe :D

Im relieved though, for a split second there, I thought your training staff gave up on the whole plebe year thing.

Nah I'd say we're a training company... youngsters are always telling us how easy it was for them... but then '07 in our company went psycho and made us have the year we are having. We were ranked in the bottom 5 last year or something and our firsties were like "ahhh, not happening again this year." So of course that immediately translates to be harsh on the plebes.

Got a ride home on Thanksgiving with some 2/c and they had told me how lots of fighting going back and forth between 1/c and 2/c this year on how to train us; 1/c apparently want to train by fear; 2/c by respect. It's been interesting to say the least. Us 4/c can definitely see the tension sometimes displayed at Blue and Gold.