• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Beechcraft Bonanza

bulldozer3

pilot
also, have u had a chance to fly it? ive never heard first hand what its flying characteristics are like.

thx
-jP

ha yeah yeah... his buddies all have the tail dragger and they make fun of his "nose dragger". he wishes he did the tail dragger. the -10 is a nose wheel, but he wants to build another -8 after then 10, and that will be a tail dragger. He wants to sell me the current -8.

The plane flies like a dream. very good controlability slow, and fast its tight and moves with the slightest touch.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
What your (anybody) recommendation be for a 6 seat with max load capacity be? I have 3 kids (currently little, but they tend to grow) and am thinking about a 210. Basically, I'm looking for a "flying Suburban". I could probably go up to 150K or so. Would it be better to get a twin for building hours for the airlines later? I have quite a bit of jet time, but it's almost all single engine. Would that even matter?

Stearmann4

I'm here for the Jeeehawd!
None
Another traditional favorite true 6-seater is the Cherokee 6 (300 HP). Fixed gear, but 140kts with 3 adults, and you can get a nice one with a good panel for way under $150K. The Piper line will always come in behind the Cessna, and such, demand a higher price. If you read through any used airplane guides, they always rave about what a bargain the 6s are compared to a C-207, 210.

You can also get into a twin Bonanza for less than 150K, 150kts, and a BIG cabin for an entry level twin. No gearing/turbo chargers either, which are a pain to maintain.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What your (anybody) recommendation be for a 6 seat with max load capacity be? I have 3 kids (currently little, but they tend to grow) and am thinking about a 210. Basically, I'm looking for a "flying Suburban". I could probably go up to 150K or so. Would it be better to get a twin for building hours for the airlines later? I have quite a bit of jet time, but it's almost all single engine. Would that even matter?
I don't think there would be too many GA aircraft that would give you a hard time after flying the Harrier. As I tell most naval aviators, I think your SA would far exceed any civilian instructor you'll run into. Really, it's just a matter of mastering the monkey skills of twin engine flying.....specifically, engine out procedures.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
I don't think there would be too many GA aircraft that would give you a hard time after flying the Harrier.

Yeah, I'm not too worried about that. I'm considering commuting by private aircraft if I get orders to a certain place for a non-flying job. None of this will happen for several years (except possibly buying the plane), but it's something I'm looking into.

The bottom line is that if I can avoid moving my family away from Yuma, I will. To do that, I'll need to commute fairly quickly if I'm going to make it work. For that, I'll need a plane.

I could buy a 172 or something, but I figured that if I bought a plane, it should at least be big enough to carry me, my wife, three kids, and a "reasonable" amount of luggage.

Once I got to that conclusion, I figured that if I got a twin I could get some ME PIC time which might help me out with the airlines later. Is that a reasonable conclusion, or would the airlines think "Yeah, sure, he has XXX hours of multi time, but it's just him hauling himself and his family around"?

Does a person's ME time (whether he's flying professionally, like C-12s, or personally) get scrutinized for "quality" or just quantity?

The reason I ask is that if it wouldn't help me with the airlines, I could get a plane less expensively as a single. Is that even truly valid?

The only thing I know for sure is "If it flies, floats, or fvcks, it's cheaper to rent".

DagoRed

MitchellJohn_01.jpg

This is my 1947 Cessna 120. 95 KTAS on 5 gph. and less expensive than my old ladies 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
If it flys, floats or fvcks, it's cheaper to rent. -OIC, HC-6, Det 6 on the economics of buying a plane.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett help you, if it does all three.

Why buy (or rent) the cow when you can get the milk for free? With the female self-esteem deficit here in SOCAL, I don't see myself making any monetary contributions in that department anytime soon. :D

Brett

Raptor2216

Why buy (or rent) the cow when you can get the milk for free? With the female self-esteem deficit here in SOCAL, I don't see myself making any monetary contributions in that department anytime soon. :D

Brett

Brett, you an I need to have a talk about this deficit. I was in so cal for three years and I can't say that I was able to take advantage of it. I hope to go back someday again but this time i'm going to prepare for it. So please, tell us your secrets.

JIMMY

Once I got to that conclusion, I figured that if I got a twin I could get some ME PIC time which might help me out with the airlines later. Is that a reasonable conclusion, or would the airlines think "Yeah, sure, he has XXX hours of multi time, but it's just him hauling himself and his family around"?

Does a person's ME time (whether he's flying professionally, like C-12s, or personally) get scrutinized for "quality" or just quantity?

The reason I ask is that if it wouldn't help me with the airlines, I could get a plane less expensively as a single. Is that even truly valid?

I'm sure HAL or A4s have a better answer, but any ME is good, especially XC time.