• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Bdcp $$

nugget81

pilot
If I did BDCP for 24 months as a non tech major would i get the 0-1 2+ years or would it be 2-?

The time starts from the day you swear in. So if you swore in less than 2 years ago, you get that pay scale. If you swore in more than 2 years then the next appropriate scale applies. See where we're going with this? ;) Google military pay charts if you're confused.

amattson12

I agree with the previous posts. I've been in BDCP for a year and will be reporting to OCS June 7th 2008. I usually use my military ID as identification and have had people say thank you for your service. I'm always quick to tell them that i have not earned anything or served our country yet. I actually feel guilty sometimes because there are sailors making the same pay i am receiving, yet i'm having a good time my last year of college. BDCPers should not walk around like they are big sh*t. Think about all the service men and women that are actually defending our country.

Kycntryboy

pilot
I agree with the previous posts. I've been in BDCP for a year and will be reporting to OCS June 7th 2008. I usually use my military ID as identification and have had people say thank you for your service. I'm always quick to tell them that i have not earned anything or served our country yet. I actually feel guilty sometimes because there are sailors making the same pay i am receiving, yet i'm having a good time my last year of college. BDCPers should not walk around like they are big sh*t. Think about all the service men and women that are actually defending our country.

Don't worry their gonna make you earn it real soon. I've been convinced that the C-FED is just part of the hazing process. *Threadjack* The centrifuge has got to be so far the worst 15 minutes of my life, but I learned alot by being there. Also apparently Discovery Channel is going to Lemoore next week to film some students going through it, apparently they are making a series about how to become a NA *Threadjack closed*

BackOrdered

Contributor

"No sir/ma'am, I'm pre-commissioned to attend OCS. My service begins in August, after training." works for me. Like Kycntryboy said, you will serve eventually; and yeah, you don't have the right to claim prior service, but you did earn your BDCP slot. Don't be ashamed to be in BDCP so long as you have genuine resolve and sincerity in your commitment.