• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Bdcp $$

eagleeye005

Pro Rec'd SNA
Hello everyone, i was just selected for SNA/BDCP and was wondering for those who have completed this program, how much did you end up getting paid monthly? I believe you get paid as an E-2?? But not real sure. Also, i know you get a food and housing allowance. Just wondering how much this came out for you guys that have been through it. Thanks.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Full E-3 pay (Base pay, BAH, BAS etc) with the possibility getting bumped to E-4, E-5, or E-6 pay based on recruiting other candidates and/or getting on the deans list for 2 semesters.

Twas about 2300 a month when I was in it 2006-2007

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
I can only imagine what I would have done with $2300 a month in college ... great deal for anyone going the Navy route.

mike172

GO NAVY
Would one say BDCP is a better program than say NROTC? I am a non tech major so I could only get 2 years. I am currently a mid not on scholarship so in the event I did not pick up a 3yr it might in fact be better to do BDCP for 2 yrs hmmmmm. When you commission do they count BDCP as time in grade? ie. 0-1 2 years +?

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
Full E-3 pay (Base pay, BAH, BAS etc) with the possibility getting bumped to E-4, E-5, or E-6 pay based on recruiting other candidates and/or getting on the deans list for 2 semesters.

Twas about 2300 a month when I was in it 2006-2007

Wow that is a good deal. Does that make him a Mustang?

puck_11

Growler LSO
pilot
Would one say BDCP is a better program than say NROTC? I am a non tech major so I could only get 2 years. I am currently a mid not on scholarship so in the event I did not pick up a 3yr it might in fact be better to do BDCP for 2 yrs hmmmmm. When you commission do they count BDCP as time in grade? ie. 0-1 2 years +?

BDCP is the best program out there. When you commission and start collecting paychecks as on an O1 over 3, its pretty nice, it addition to having your time counted towards retirement, in addition to having 60+ days of leave in the logbooks. Oh yeah, and you get 500 bucks a week to do nothing.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
BDCP is the best program out there. When you commission and start collecting paychecks as on an O1 over 3, its pretty nice, it addition to having your time counted towards retirement, in addition to having 60+ days of leave in the logbooks. Oh yeah, and you get 500 bucks a week to do nothing.
Although there is no "best" program. It is hard to argue that BDCP is not damn near the "best."

rcastor426

i tried so many times for the bdcp.... but at the time there were no pilots slots. Bull donkey!!!! I am now 65 grand in debt from college. But... I am going to meridian, so who cares!!!!!

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I think the min time for 'E' pay is four years. Can you be in BDCP for four years?

haubby

None
Contributor
No. That would be pretty bold for a BDCP guy to try it.

I will ask this to anyone who knows. Is O-1E pay possible in BDCP?

If your in a tech major you get 36 months of service on the books. So no