• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BDCP -- When your recruiter has no clue

Lobster

Someone gets a BELOW AVERAGE for SA.

-ea6bflyr ;)

Yes, my span of attention did not last me long enough to make it down to #9...:confused:

Excuse me while I self-facepalm

polar_bear_failure.jpg

phrogpilot73

Whole lot of words and posts...
Just so you know - PSW (Phrog'sShoeWife, aka my wife) can help with words of encouragement, anecdotes, and advice. She's cleary not a dude, graduated from WCU, is a LCDR on active duty, and might have one or two things in common with you...

pmasters

My recruiter had also never had a BDCP applicant before me. Fortunately they have quick, easy access to all the information needed to apply for the program, which thanks to the wonders of the internet they can acquire aforementioned information in a manner of minutes. The only issue you will have is that yes, you do have to work with an O-recruiter, regardless of how far away that recruiter is. That will require your physical presence on a few occasions, generally to sign documents and take the ASTB. To ease your travel, I'd just make sure you have EVERYTHING prepared before you go see the person. It does suck for you that you live so far away from a recruiter though...

I'm sure that the O-recruiter will know what you're talking about, and if not its nothing that an internet search or a quick phone call can't solve. Just call the O guy directly, that enlisted recruiter is going to be VERY unwilling to give you up after getting a 99 on the ASVAB...

To sum it up, you're SOL with distance to the nearest O-recruiter. However, BDCP is WELL worth the hassle.

bubbagump

Coo-coo for cocopuffs
My recruiter had also never had a BDCP applicant before me. Fortunately they have quick, easy access to all the information needed to apply for the program, which thanks to the wonders of the internet they can acquire aforementioned information in a manner of minutes. The only issue you will have is that yes, you do have to work with an O-recruiter, regardless of how far away that recruiter is. That will require your physical presence on a few occasions, generally to sign documents and take the ASTB. To ease your travel, I'd just make sure you have EVERYTHING prepared before you go see the person. It does suck for you that you live so far away from a recruiter though...

I'm sure that the O-recruiter will know what you're talking about, and if not its nothing that an internet search or a quick phone call can't solve. Just call the O guy directly, that enlisted recruiter is going to be VERY unwilling to give you up after getting a 99 on the ASVAB...

To sum it up, you're SOL with distance to the nearest O-recruiter. However, BDCP is WELL worth the hassle.

I talked to a nice fella in Charlotte yesterday, and as far as I can tell, things are starting to chug along nicely. The enlisted recruiter I was previously talking to has yet to even call me back, even after five phone calls.

The funny thing was, my OR sent me a link to this place for ASTB and BDCP prep. If I can keep up being one-step ahead of him, maybe I'll have better luck in the BDCP process. :D