• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BDCP Underway Uniform Question

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Honestly, I think you're better off dressing like the tech reps do underway than trying to make your own uniform or wearing something you don't really rate. Good sturdy khaki work pants (Dickies, for example) will always be useful in later life, even if it's just mowing the lawn. Some sort of work shirt or polo likewise, plus steel toed boots.

Here's the thing - a uniform isn't just work clothes. It tells everyone where you fit in the chain of command aboard. If you wear a uniform, you're saying you have a place...and really, you don't yet. And don't wear any insignia, even if it's a rough equivalent (MIDN) or your paygrade (E-3).

I know you wouldn't want to stand out, but believe me, a uniform without insignia or improperly worn will make you stand out even more.