• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BDCP Pay

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
This comes straight from an email that a Lt. at my NRD sent: "The Bachelor Degree Completion Program (BDCP) will pay you over $3,000 per month (depending on where you live) up to 24 months from graduation from college."

Eh? I thought everybody said you get like $1800 per month.

Any BDCP'ers on here who are actually getting 3Gs per month?

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
This comes straight from an email that Lt. at ny NRD sent: "The Bachelor Degree Completion Program (BDCP) will pay you over $3,000 per month (depending on where you live) up to 24 months from graduation from college."

Eh? I thought everybody said you get like $1800 per month.

Any BDCP'ers on here who are actually getting 3Gs per month?

Maybe it is for Nukes, they always get a lot of money.

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
If everything I have read on here is accurate then I will be getting about that.
E-3 + BAS + BAH = ~3000/month (I think it is about 2600 or 2700 after taxes).

navyboy4415

I know that you can raise your pay scale by
1) being on the deans list for two semesters
2) referring a friend who gets accepted as an officer
but other then that I would assume the $3,000 dollars a month is applying for NUPOC. I know NUPOC get a $15,000 signing dollar bonus and $2,000 dollars or so a month so maybe he just averaged the signing bonus into their pay. Other then that I thought the highest pay scale would be $2,000 a month but I could be wrong.

GatorBoy44

I am a BDCP SNA, I get $1072 twice a month. Maybe if you live somewhere with an extremely high avg. cost of living you may get more. Hope that helps.

boobcheese

Check out this link. It will caculate your gross pay including allowances (BAS and BAH) based on where you live and will even estimate your take home pay after taxes. I put E-3 in Pensacola and it came out to a little over $30K before taxes.

C-Mike

$2,000- $3,000 a month!! :eek: Why the hell didn't I figure out what I wanted to be (hope to be) before I forked out my own hard earned money for college and a roof over my head! (And not to mention the couple bucks it cost for my PPL)

BDCP, sounds like it sure is the way to go...

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
BDCP is the best program I have heard of by a land slide.
Collect leave, time in service, and pay, while being a student and knowing that your primary job is just to do well at school, and get ready for OCS. Amazing deal if you ask me.
BTW for the people currently in BDCP what are you doing with the money? I think I might use a little (~200) towards a vehicle and try to put the rest of it in savings. It would be nice to have something to put towards a house eventually.

GatorBoy44

BDCP is like a college kid's dream come true. Imagine making 2K a month and not having really any responsability. I have to say that it is almost too good to be true when those paychecks start rolling in. If you decide to work during the summer, which I did, you really make more than a lot of people in the "real world".