• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BDCP Pay

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
Yeah I'm pumped about the more or less free $$$.

By the way, how long after final select does it take for the paychecks to start rolling?

GatorBoy44

Some say a couple of months....but I got final select on or around March 20 or so and got my first check on April 15. If it does take a couple of pay cycles before you get the first one (you get final select on Oct. 25 ie, and you were to get your first check on Nov. 15), it would reflect all the pay you have acrued since you signed the contract. So that first check will blow you away! Remember, free money is good money!

navyag08

I plan to continue working throughout the year and pump as much as I can into savings. Then when I have to start paying back student loans, I will have the money from BDCP and work plus interest. I can't wait to stop eating ramen....haha.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
I plan to continue working throughout the year and pump as much as I can into savings. Then when I have to start paying back student loans, I will have the money from BDCP and work plus interest. I can't wait to stop eating ramen....haha.

If you get BDCP why not just NOT take out student loans, instead of saving the money to pay them off when you graduate?

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
Well...don't feel bad. Ramen is the best bang-for-your-buck food out there.

It tastes great, and it's only what? like 15 cents a pack or something like that?

nugget81

pilot
I am a BDCP SNA, I get $1072 twice a month.

Currently E-5 (got the good grades & referral bumps) making about $2500/month after taxes. Pays for rent, gas, food, etc. Most of it goes to help pay debt incurred by school prior to being selected, while the rest goes to savings to build a cushion for that first year out of college (damn loans).

Seemed too good to be true when I heard about the program. I mean, come on....you're going to offer me a pilot slot and pay me while I'm in school? Couldn't be happier with the decision to go for it....

CaptainRon said:
Yeah I'm pumped about the more or less free $$$.

Money should not be the motivating factor when deciding on a career in the military. It isn't free, either. You are putting in a big time commitment based on the pipeline you enter. That being said, if you're already hellbent on being a Naval Officer, there isn't a better program out there for current college students.

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
Oh don't get me wrong...I didn't even know about BDCP until I was well into my app process.

Anyway, BDCP still sounds like one of the sweetest gigs around.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor

It tastes great, and it's only what? like 15 cents a pack or something like that?

And has the advantage of being completely devoid of any meaningful nutrients. If I weren't already certain you were guzzling down copious amounts of Mountain Dew (Nectar of the Tards), I would have thought you'd have developed scurvy by now.

Brett

BigRed389

None
And has the advantage of being completely devoid of any meaningful nutrients. If I weren't already certain you were guzzling down copious amounts of Mountain Dew (Nectar of the Tards), I would have thought you'd have developed scurvy by now.

Brett

...maybe he supplements with multivitamins and protein powder bought in bulk. :D

Ugh...I'm pretty sure I'd feel sick after just one day of that.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick

Brett

Hold on. Sodium isn't a nutrient?

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor

nevermind that it has no nutritional value. You know that guy who did the mcdonalds for thirty days? He should do a ramen month....

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
nevermind that it has no nutritional value. You know that guy who did the mcdonalds for thirty days? He should do a ramen month....

I heard about a guy who ate nothing but Top Ramen at every meal for, if not all of, then a significant portion of his life. Like most people, he later died. Apparantly during the autopsy, they found a huge ball of wax in his stomache.

BigRed389

None
I heard about a guy who ate nothing but Top Ramen at every meal for, if not all of, then a significant portion of his life. Like most people, he later died. Apparantly during the autopsy, they found a huge ball of wax in his stomache.

If it was his entire life, he must've lived for about 2 weeks.

Most I've ever done was 2 days straight...and I wanted to puke as I was shoveling it down near the end.

And if you try that with the spicy Korean versions, your bowels will hate you.

Picture this: :icon_rage <-- out your *******