• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BDCP , OAR!! please help

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There are great opprtunities in the Supply Corps now. Lots of growth and money there. Supply guys are the business managers of the Navy. Everything from logistics to contracts to finanace, program managment and retail sales. Your CJ degree is not optimal for SC. If you have some business classes that will help. If you end up with good ASTB scores you can always put it down and see if you get selected. BTW, when you apply for OCS or BDCP you put down three program/career fields you want, in the order you want them. If you don't get your first choice then they look at you for your second choice. No obligation on any of them until you accept the offer and are sworn in.

xsplaza

Thanks Wink. That was one of my questions. Will they look at all three choices and then I decide which one I want to accept or do they go in order? I do understand that a CJ degree is not competetive at all so I have changed my degree to business with a concentration in operation management and a minor in IT, would that work? you see my original degree was business but i was going to change it because i thought that CJ would be more competetive but I guess I am good with my original degree. What would you say is equal to supply in the civilian world? is it good pay?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
xsplaza said:
Thanks Wink. That was one of my questions. Will they look at all three choices and then I decide which one I want to accept or do they go in order? I do understand that a CJ degree is not competetive at all so I have changed my degree to business with a concentration in operation management and a minor in IT, would that work? you see my original degree was business but i was going to change it because i thought that CJ would be more competetive but I guess I am good with my original degree. What would you say is equal to supply in the civilian world? is it good pay?

CJ would have been ok for some other programs, but the change to business will make you more competitive for Supply and will still work for the other programs as well. Pay is good. Same as other officers less the special duty pay like aviators and sub guys get. Civ equivalents are too numerous to list. Just about anything in the business world. Get a grad degree while in the Navy and you will be able to go just about anywhere and do anything. One of the VPs of Home Depot was a Supply Corps officer. He has said that SC prepared him for the business world better then anything else.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
xsplaza said:
what programs wink?
CJ would be ok for SWO, pilot, NFO, and maybe intel. Supply really likes to see business type degrees. As business will work for all the above, except maybe intel, then it gives you more options.

xsplaza

wink said:
CJ would be ok for SWO, pilot, NFO, and maybe intel. Supply really likes to see business type degrees. As business will work for all the above, except maybe intel, then it gives you more options.

Do you think my recruiter might be pushing me to go for supply? My major was CJ and he said this major is too common and not competetive that I should major in Business and go for supply. Whats the whole deal with swo?

xsplaza

Wink how true is this : " 2 semesters of calculus and calculus-based physics required" for the swo program. I suck in both subjects.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
xsplaza said:
Wink how true is this : " 2 semesters of calculus and calculus-based physics required" for the swo program. I suck in both subjects.
Not true at all.

Business is just as common as CJ. I think he is simply applying the same logic as I would. Business opens up another option that happens to be a very viable one. Lots of opennings, lot of opportunity once in. I don't think he is "pushing" you as much as he wants you to be slected for SOMETHING, and the switch to business makes supply and additional option. Aviation and swo fill up fast. There are nearly three times as many supply slots as avation or swo.

xsplaza

wink said:
Not true at all.

Business is just as common as CJ. I think he is simply applying the same logic as I would. Business opens up another option that happens to be a very viable one. Lots of opennings, lot of opportunity once in. I don't think he is "pushing" you as much as he wants you to be slected for SOMETHING, and the switch to business makes supply and additional option. Aviation and swo fill up fast. There are nearly three times as many supply slots as avation or swo.

Thanks Wink, your help is highly appreciated. I will take all of this in consideration. I am still studying for this test, any suggestions? He asked for my SAT score. I took that so long ago that I do not know how to obtain those grades. I did terrible on that test! I am working on y LORs and thats my strongest application section so far.