• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BDCP , OAR!! please help

xsplaza

hey everyone,

I am a newbie at this and I would appreciate any inputs. I just started studying and I was wondering If im trying to get into the BDCP do i only take the oar part of the test? or do i still take everything? Also, I have a 3.81 Criminal Justice major with an associates in arts. I just got nominated to receive the national dean's list recognition award... would you guys consider me competetive for this program? any suggestions? Please help !!

nublett

Been there, done that.
You sound competetive to me. They are going to do a background check too. Everything all right there? No convictions, not lots of debt, any prior service, etc?

Sorry, I haven't had experience with BDCP testing in many years.

xsplaza

Thank you nublett... no my record is clean... no prior service .. The only thing is my credit is not the best an incomptent person made my school loan go on defult but I'm still in school so I dont even know why it went into repayment... what should i do?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
xsplaza said:
hey everyone,

I am a newbie at this and I would appreciate any inputs. I just started studying and I was wondering If im trying to get into the BDCP do i only take the oar part of the test? or do i still take everything? Also, I have a 3.81 Criminal Justice major with an associates in arts. I just got nominated to receive the national dean's list recognition award... would you guys consider me competetive for this program? any suggestions? Please help !!

Depends on the program you apply for, year of college you are in, and how the rest of your app looks. But from what you have posted, an OAR of 50 or better will probably put you in the ball park for most programs. Keep in mind that if you just came from a JC then the Navy will want to see at least one semester from your 4 year college to see if your grades hold up. If they are declining, they may want to see a years worth. Good Luck.

xsplaza

wink said:
Depends on the program you apply for, year of college you are in, and how the rest of your app looks. But from what you have posted, an OAR of 50 or better will probably put you in the ball park for most programs. Keep in mind that if you just came from a JC then the Navy will want to see at least one semester from your 4 year college to see if your grades hold up. If they are declining, they may want to see a years worth. Good Luck.

HEY WINK THANKS... YEA I JUST GRADUATED A JC BUT I DID A YEAR IN A FOUR YEAR INSTITUTION BEFORE AND HAD ABOVE 3.5 GPA... I JUST DO NOT KNOW IF MY CRIMINAL JUSTICE DEGREE IS GOING TO BE COMPETETIVE ENOUGH... I JUST NEED TO FOCUS ON GETTING HIGH SCORES ON THE ASTB ANY SUGGESTIONS?

nublett

Been there, done that.
xsplaza said:
Thank you nublett... no my record is clean... no prior service .. The only thing is my credit is not the best an incomptent person made my school loan go on defult but I'm still in school so I dont even know why it went into repayment... what should i do?

You don't have to have perfect credit, but they do look at it for security clearances. It is always good to be in as little debt as possible, no matter what you do in life.

There used to be an ASTB study book that you could get from a recruiter. Wink could probaly tell you about that.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
xsplaza said:
HEY WINK THANKS... YEA I JUST GRADUATED A JC BUT I DID A YEAR IN A FOUR YEAR INSTITUTION BEFORE AND HAD ABOVE 3.5 GPA... I JUST DO NOT KNOW IF MY CRIMINAL JUSTICE DEGREE IS GOING TO BE COMPETETIVE ENOUGH... I JUST NEED TO FOCUS ON GETTING HIGH SCORES ON THE ASTB ANY SUGGESTIONS?
all caps.... so fashionable

xsplaza

come on eddie you giving me a hard time over caps ...slow down on the internet use lol....

Nublett Thank you for your insights

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
xsplaza said:
come on eddie you giving me a hard time over caps ...slow down on the internet use lol....

Nublett Thank you for your insights
Oh, it isn't me who will give you a hard time... :D

Look through the stats thread; its a compilation of accepted and rejected applicants. That will give you the best idea of how competetive you are, but certainly not a definitive one.

Happy Posting!

xsplaza

thanks eddie I'm working on that.. by the way are you in the program or did you ever go through the process?

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
xsplaza said:
thanks eddie I'm working on that.. by the way are you in the program or did you ever go through the process?
Nope! All I can say I have done is heavily researched the matter.

I'm not qualified to give you any advice whatsoever, but I can help you find your way around the forum, dig up some old threads on this stuff if you like.

xsplaza

Does any one know the real deal with supply? I was told that any job you pick in the Navy your first tour is 36 months out to sea.. is that right? I'm married and have a son how can that work? I hope is not a dum question. Please Help!

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
xsplaza said:
Does any one know the real deal with supply? I was told that any job you pick in the Navy your first tour is 36 months out to sea.. is that right? I'm married and have a son how can that work? I hope is not a dum question. Please Help!

It's a 36 month sea tour. Which means during that 36-month period you'll deploy and do shorter at-sea periods now and then (SWOs can attest to this). You won't be at sea for 36 months straight if that's what you're thinking.

xsplaza

thisguy thanks... I was told something different and I just wanted clarification.. do you know anything about supply? I am trying to consider my options before I go into BDCP