• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BDCP = Best Program Ever

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
I got paid today! Whoo!!! I've been broke my whole life, but now I'm the most loaded of all my roomates.

BDCP is the best thing to ever happen to me.

To anybody still in the process of applying, who's been pro rec'd, etc: It took me one month after I swore in to get my BDCP money. Also, I applied the month before my senior year started, so the rumors about having to apply early to BDCP are not true.

Cheers!

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
I got paid today! Whoo!!! I've been broke my whole life, but now I'm the most loaded of all my roomates.

To anybody still in the process of applying, who's been pro rec'd, etc: It took me one month after I swore in to get my BDCP money. Also, I applied the month before my senior year started, so the rumors about having to apply early to BDCP are not true.

Cheers!

Yeah...probably telling that this is what makes you think BDCP is such a good deal...:sleep_125

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
Yeah...probably telling that this is what makes you think BDCP is such a good deal...:sleep_125

Come on man. Who's gonna disagree with some basically free cash to top off the senior year? And obviously I'm just as pumped about what's coming after college too.

boobcheese

While I'm sure you never said to yourself or anyone else that you were getting a good deal because you were getting E-X pay to attend Cornell, there is nothing wrong with getting paid (and being stoked about it) and pursuing a dream at the same time.

thull

Cheers!

Congrats on the cash flow man..:)

BackOrdered

Contributor
That sucks. I got sworn in even earlier and I haven't seen a cent :(

I will say that even though you got in much earlier than others, it's still good practice to plan to enter BDCP a year after you first set foot into the recruiter's door. It took me 8 months and I still haven't got paid.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
BDCP doesn't just pay while you're in school. Keep in mind you get that year(s) of active service in too, which means your pay raises down the road (2yrs, 3yrs, 4yrs, 6yrs, etc.) come a year(s) earlier. It ends up being a good amount of cash.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
BDCP doesn't just pay while you're in school. Keep in mind you get that year(s) of active service in too, which means your pay raises down the road (2yrs, 3yrs, 4yrs, 6yrs, etc.) come a year(s) earlier. It ends up being a good amount of cash.

Plus you rack up leave. That's a hidden good deal.

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
And... the big one for me. You have your career after college lined up. Such a great feeling to know that when I graduate I know where I am going, and what I am going to do.

BTW on the topic of leave, I assume if I leave the country I have to burn up that leave right?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
BTW on the topic of leave, I assume if I leave the country I have to burn up that leave right?

Presumably. Contact your "minders" for the specifics of your leave policy. If I go somewhere INCONUS during, say, Christmas break, I generally don't put in leave papers, but I definitely do when I go to Europe. Your command may have a different policy.

Brett

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Presumably. Contact your "minders" for the specifics of your leave policy. If I go somewhere INCONUS during, say, Christmas break, I generally don't put in leave papers, but I definitely do when I go to Europe. Your command may have a different policy.

Brett

How does that work for you Brett? Are you acountable to anyone with your deal?

joboy_2.0

professional undergraduate
Contributor
mr recruiter offered to let me file the leave paperwork when I leave the country, and if I return with no incident, he'll "forget" to file the paperwork:D

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
How does that work for you Brett? Are you acountable to anyone with your deal?

I'm accountable, but on a very long leash. I just muster once a month with the rest of the DUINS, but even that is just during the regular school year, so no mustering over the Xmas or Summer breaks.

@ JB: That's not uncommon and sometimes practiced in the fleet.

Brett