• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BCDP PROGRAM APPLICANT...I am new at this....

pmasters

You are one, very, small, step foward. BDCP is a wonderful, wonderful program and a long process to apply for, so make sure you know everything about it. Thankfully we have things like Recruiters and the Internet to answer all of our BDCP quieries. When I was applying I found about.com 's site incredibly helpful and accurate, as well as VA Joe. And of course, the search function on this website.

PS, I'm going SWO, and I have never worked in a bath and body works. I waited tables.

Lobster

And then think about how many ugly ones trying to be hot roll through. Yea no.

Yeah but think about how many ugly ones roll though victoria's secret? Or how many ugly ones roll through the mall period? The bottom line is that women love to shop so with the the hot ones the ugly ones will come as well but hey, maybe the ugly one has a hot friend that she brings along. How does that line go...

"You've got to slay a few dragons to get to the princess" ;)

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Yeah but think about how many ugly ones roll though victoria's secret? Or how many ugly ones roll through the mall period? The bottom line is that women love to shop so with the the hot ones the ugly ones will come as well but hey, maybe the ugly one has a hot friend that she brings along. How does that line go...

"You've got to slay a few dragons to get to the princess" ;)

Yea but if I was working at Victoria's Secret I'd get to feel up some boobs while I size the women and don't think for a second I wouldn't try to pawn off the ugly ones on my female co-workers. Think of it...."How does this look?"

"I don't know turn around.":D

HUGE DIFFERENCE.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
You are one, very, small, step foward. BDCP is a wonderful, wonderful program and a long process to apply for, so make sure you know everything about it. Thankfully we have things like Recruiters and the Internet to answer all of our BDCP quieries. When I was applying I found about.com 's site incredibly helpful and accurate, as well as VA Joe. And of course, the search function on this website.

PS, I'm going SWO, and I have never worked in a bath and body works. I waited tables.

Tell me that when you are knee deep in OCS :p

SWCS242

SWO in-training
Unless I am missing something, which is quite possible, do you think that maybe "he" who works at Bath and Body Works might actually be a "she?" I do not remember a mention of gender.

Lobster

Yea but if I was working at Victoria's Secret I'd get to feel up some boobs while I size the women and don't think for a second I wouldn't try to pawn off the ugly ones on my female co-workers. Think of it...."How does this look?"

"I don't know turn around.":D

HUGE DIFFERENCE.

Haha true, but I heard getting a job as a bra sizer is harder than getting a slot as a pilot :p. And MJ, BDCP is great...while you're getting paid in school its just 13 weeks of hell you have to go through for all that pay, kind of like the opposite of the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. ;)

schaplin

I am currently a Junior at North Carolina Central and I am a Finance major with a 3.2 GPA and also a full time employee as a manager at Bath and Body works. I have taken the test and after taking the test and receiving a score of a 42 I began signing paper work. I have not take the PRT test yet but I want to know that since I have signed various types of paper work and watched a few viedos am I only one step closer to becoming a candidate of the BCDP Program....

Thanks for all of the responses....but I am only waiting to take the PRT test....I was told that I may have a better chance being that I am applying while I am still a student...being that I have time to increase my current GPA of 3.2.....but thanks everyone....and I have done some research on my own about the competiveness of the program....

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I am applying for supply officer.....

Schaplin, you have a good GPA..and yes it can always be improved but just know that there are many opportunities to shine in other areas as well on your kit.

Take three or four weeks aside and really study the ASTB. I believe a Supply Officer needs to only worry about the OAR portion of the test correct?

With your good GPA..and some good letters of recommendations, you would have a great chance in my opinion. As for the ASTB test..shoot for a 50 or above. Don't sweat it either, as you get three tries. Obviously if you do well the first time it's just one thing that you have gotten out of your way.

What kind of extra curriculars do you have? Were you in varsity sports? What kind of leadership opportunities have you had?

These all come into play in what makes you a well-rounded candidate. They look for more than a nice GPA and a shiny ASTB score.

Good luck and welcome.

EDIT: I see you took the ASTB already...apply with that 42..and if they say no..kick ass the next time. Persistence is key!