• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Basket Leave for Christmas?

donnyglaze

So, I'm currently in G Company here at TBS in the wonderful Quantico Highlands. I just recieved my motivated gas mask, so I'm actually sitting here wearing this whilst typing. But that's another story. There's a huge debate about leave during Christmas, anyone know the deal about it?

I heard people talking about some sort of Basket leave and no one is charged. Any truth to that? Makes sense because there is a stand down here and everyone is leaving right? But then again, nothing ever makes sense here at The Big Spend. Any input would be a great help. Thanks,

S/F

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
Wondering the same thing. I'm headed there in about a week and a half. I'm not wearing a gas mask though... :)

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
The word my kid was given is that Lts with orders for Bravo 2-09 report December 15th, in-process for 4 days, then go on basket leave reporting back on January 5th to finish zero week. YMMV.....

DevilDog9782

Back in the old corps (A co. 2005), we all had to take charged leave. Some of us questioned the legality of "forced leave" and were told we could remain in Quantico but be prepared to muster and conduct working parties the entire break. Keep in mind this stuff changes literally by the second at TBS and from company to company - so I just wanted to throw that out as a possibility for you guys. Basket leave sure sounds like a sweet deal (and the more sensible approach) though and I hope you guys get it :).

JZAB

Livin the MEU life
pilot
Last year when we went on leave we filled out the ol'school leave forms on paper and turned them in, the XO then turned them in to the OOD then we signed out with them. When X-mas leave was over the XO went back to the OOD and picked up all our company's leave forms....never to be seen again... no MOL, I.E. NO CHARGED LEAVE. seemed a little shady but hey I was the student... I wasn't telling. So for last year the leave was not charged but hey it's a new year and different CO staffs do things differently

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
We had one great (by great I mean Shady) YN2 working at Vance AFB...never got charged for a day of leave there...X-mas, Thanksgiving, Mom's retirement...all in the basket...

Clux4

Banned
Take the leave and some if possible. If home is too far, I am sure some of your friends would be happy to host you. Go somewhere you have never been before. Get out of TBS and enjoy yourself.
Why would you want to stay on TBS for some BS working party.

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
We had one great (by great I mean Shady) YN2 working at Vance AFB...never got charged for a day of leave there...X-mas, Thanksgiving, Mom's retirement...all in the basket...

Wow. I hope there are some similar awesomely shady characters lurking around Schools Command these days. Now THAT would be a sweet Christmas present.

Eh, what am I talking about? A-pool is a sweet enough Christmas present. But still...

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Last year when we went on leave we filled out the ol'school leave forms on paper and turned them in, the XO then turned them in to the OOD then we signed out with them. When X-mas leave was over the XO went back to the OOD and picked up all our company's leave forms....never to be seen again... no MOL, I.E. NO CHARGED LEAVE. seemed a little shady but hey I was the student... I wasn't telling. So for last year the leave was not charged but hey it's a new year and different CO staffs do things differently

Same same for Christmas '06. I thought I was going to get charged 17 days and be in the hole. Never happened. Just be prepared to be charged. If you're not...merry f***ing Christmas.

chupacabra

pilot
Contributor
Same same for Christmas '06. I thought I was going to get charged 17 days and be in the hole. Never happened. Just be prepared to be charged. If you're not...merry f***ing Christmas.

Same for Christmas '07. Entire platoon filled out leave forms, SPC kicked them back to us three separate times until all 44 of us had them identical with no typos, and no one was ever charged actual leave.