• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BACN Mishap

Treetop Flyer

pilot
It might include a wheel spin up input (from the anti skid system) along with the input from the radar altimeter that @Treetop Flyer mentioned, combined with some and/or logic with the WOW switches. Some thrust reverser systems are engineered that way so they'll still work if something malfunctions with any of the inputs but there are still safeguards while you're airborne. Dunno if that applies to the 737 or the Navy P-8 though.

Ultimately what makes the buckets engage, once whatever safety interlocks are disengaged, is a little bit of electricity to a solenoid somewhere down the line, that redirects whatever big ass actuators move the buckets themselves (hydraulic, bleed air, etc.).

Sorta preaching to the choir but I think we're all in the "get your hands off of those" camp- no matter how your individual aircraft systems work.
Jim is also kinda right. I simplified “weight on wheels” from the actual answer of air/ground sensor. I’m not looking up cbt’s but it’s probably more than just weight on one or both mains. And yeah the RADALT is definitely a backup for the aforementioned and not memorized system.

I haven’t flown that thing professionally since August, and I need to get in the books more to squash Navy gouge when it comes up. No, we don’t do reduced thrust takeoffs because the rudder is insufficient at max thrust.