• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Background Investigation

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
If you'd consider your audience, throttle back, and remove the Mrs. Dash, you'd get less heat on here.

Somtimes, we all need a little entertainment from those with a hot trigger finger, but I take your advice regardless.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Well, we have both met with the "real deal" and I was never sure how much of a real deal they were.

BTW I got to JAX, no worries!

You have a point there.......it's a little strange when the investigator seems more questionable than D_Rob. Glad you made it, we cried for a while in the airport parking lot after you left. Don't worry though, Dave from Meridian and I will be ghostriding the Cayman while you guys are gone.

NAVYBM2

Contributor
OoooooK, well I see you guys like to joke around!
I am meeting her in 4 hours in the library, of all places.
So, I will let you know what it was all about! Hopefully, I didn't screw something up when I was doing the NASIS(or whatever it was called).
I am glad to see that I am not the only being investigated. Isn't it a little too early for that though? Like I said, the boards are this month?

NAVYBM2

Contributor
Ok, just got back! You guys were right, it was nothing to worry about. All is well, and they asked a whole bunch of questions about my foreign travels and foreign contacts.

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
You have a point there.......it's a little strange when the investigator seems more questionable than D_Rob. Glad you made it, we cried for a while in the airport parking lot after you left. Don't worry though, Dave from Meridian and I will be ghostriding the Cayman while you guys are gone.

RHPF does troll these boards....

nugget61

pilot
Regarding the face-to-face, will there always be one for everyone (at least before OCS and anything important is given to us)? I've had no contact with an investigator and am trying to gauge how far along in the process I am.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A face to face is unlikely unless you have red flags: debt, drug use, criminal past, or ties to foreign nationals.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Ok, just got back! You guys were right, it was nothing to worry about. All is well, and they asked a whole bunch of questions about my foreign travels and foreign contacts.

Glad it worked out for ya.

A face to face is unlikely unless you have red flags: debt, drug use, criminal past, or ties to foreign nationals.

The above may be true, but "red flags" don't need to be so scandalous. I got interviewed because of foreign travels (to europe and canada) and because my parents were dual citizens. Most of what I told the investigator was what was in my report anyway, but it was all very simple and it was cleared right up.

Lucy

Not sure about before selection or not(both seem to happen) but for TS/SCI I am pretty sure it is a requirement that the applicant meets for an interview, and I have been told it will be likely my references, at least some of them, will have interviews too. At the very least over the phone. Your clearence does not have to be compleated prior to FS though, just at a "reasonable" level of completion, whatever that really means.