• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Background Investigation

NAVYBM2

Contributor
I didn't post this on here earlier because I thought I would be able to talk to my OR about this but he is on leave, so here we go.
My package for BDCP is in, I took the ASTB in December, I went through MEPS in Dec. I also submitted my Security Clearance application with my package.
So, on Monday I received a very interesting phone call from an agent with the Department of Homeland Security. She said that we need to meet and discuss some details about my background investigation.:confused: We are scheduled to meet tomorrow, but the more I think about this the more it looks like something isn't right in this whole situation. Why do they need to contact me? I am just hoping it is not some type of a scam! So, I guess what I am asking you is; has anyone here had something like this happed to them?

Thanks!

OnTopTime

ROBO TACCO
None
Yes, but I though that OPM did the investigations now. Are you sure she said she was from DHS? And what makes you think it might be some type of scam?

NAVYBM2

Contributor
Yes, but I though that OPM did the investigations now. Are you sure she said she was from DHS? And what makes you think it might be some type of scam?
OPM? Maybe?
Well, I have other background investigations done on me before, and they never attempted to contact me. Also, I am not even selected yet, so why would they need to have this process started. I mean, this is the government after all, I know they are not on top of things like that. Plus, from what I understand, this is the process that usually holds up a ton of applicants. Oh, and my buddy just had his identity stolen, some people got a house and a yacht under his name, so I guess I am just a little paranoid.

SupplyBDCP

It should not be a scam because you have to do a face to face meeting with someone to go over our security clearance. Im not sure if mine was with HLS but it does not sound that unusual you should be fine.

nzachman

Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
It might be for a Top Secret clearance. I had one done after I was Pro rec'd for BDCP which I also thought was quiet weird but everything was fine. Don't sweat it.

NAVYBM2

Contributor
It might be for a Top Secret clearance. I had one done after I was Pro rec'd for BDCP which I also thought was quiet weird but everything was fine. Don't sweat it.
I see, that is good to know. I thought I should ask and see what you guys have to say. Maybe it is a good sign for me and my chances to get picked up?

Thanks!!!

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
They are required to show you official identification when you meet with them. There should be no doubt in your mind when you sit down that the person is the real deal.

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
They are required to show you official identification when you meet with them. There should be no doubt in your mind when you sit down that the person is the real deal.

Well, we have both met with the "real deal" and I was never sure how much of a real deal they were.

BTW I got to JAX, no worries!

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I met with an investigator in college. I'm a fleet Naval Aviator with a clearance. Relax.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Could be many reasons they are interested in meeting with you face to face. Perhaps something you indicated on your SF-86 doesn't match what your records check came up with. I am assuming you have applied for a secret clearance. If it's an SSBI for a TS clearance, the OPM will definitely send an investigator out to talk to not only you, but your neighbors, family, spouse, ex-spouse, high school friends, teachers, etc.

60flyer

Now a C-12 pilot
pilot
Contributor
I'm a fleet Naval Aviator with a clearance.

You take every opportunity to throw in your credentials, don't ya?

"Did your mother not like you?"
"No, it's my call sign"
"You're a pilot....."
"That's right.... a.. Naval... Aviator"

*she feigns awe and intrigue*

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
You take every opportunity to throw in your credentials, don't ya?

"Did your mother not like you?"
"No, it's my call sign"
"You're a pilot....."
"That's right.... a.. Naval... Aviator"

*she feigns awe and intrigue*

I'm a PQM... some credentials... you should probably read less into my posts and more into the point of the post... I got investigated in college...no big deal. I'm still here, much to the chagrin of many...

60flyer

Now a C-12 pilot
pilot
Contributor
I'm a PQM... some credentials... you should probably read less into my posts and more into the point of the post... I got investigated in college...no big deal. I'm still here, much to the chagrin of many...

I know (actually I thought you'd be a 2P by now)....that's why it was funny...

In the movie he's trying to be all impressive saying how he's a "naval aviator" (rather than just saying "pilot"), and then she turns out to be an instructor. Just like you could have just said "I got investigated in college, it all turned out ok". But instead you said "I'm a fleet Naval Aviator with clearance". HAHAHA You don't think it's funny???

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I know (actually I thought you'd be a 2P by now)....that's why it was funny...

In the movie he's trying to be all impressive saying how he's a "naval aviator" (rather than just saying "pilot"), and then she turns out to be an instructor. Just like you could have just said "I got investigated in college, it all turned out ok". But instead you said "I'm a fleet Naval Aviator with clearance". HAHAHA You don't think it's funny???

Sorry. Too much tobacco and beer in my system. I thought I was just responding to a thread. Besides... a private pilot is a pilot... thought we were Naval aviators? :p

It's all good. I've resigned myself to the fate that as an applicant I got the "wait until you're accepted", while an SNA I got the "wait until You get wings!", while an aviator I got the "Wait until you're in the fleet!", while in the fleet I get "Wait until you're a HAC!", once a HAC, I'm sure I'll get the "Wait until you're a MC!" and then "Wait until you're done with your first tour!" and then "wait until you're a DH!" and then "Wait until you're a skipper!' And then "wait until you're retired!"

I'm convinced you never have enough clout to have an opinion. No, wait. That's just me. :D

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you'd consider your audience, throttle back, and remove the Mrs. Dash, you'd get less heat on here.