• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BA B777 short of runway @ LHR

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
^^ what source are you getting for this statement? Are you speculating the cause? No news source is reporting fuel starvation right now.

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
Little wax, that'll buff right out.

I don't know why everyone is saying he was short... looks like he made the runway to me!

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
I'm no mechanical engineer, but my basic engine systems knowledge tells me that mud does not compress nor burn as well as air.

picturegallery_baw_b772_gymmm20.jpg

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
I'm no mechanical engineer, but my basic engine systems knowledge tells me that mud does not compress nor burn as well as air.
Actually, what that picture tells you is that that engine was not running.

This one, however, was (which would indicate there was at least some fuel onboard):
picturegallery_baw_b772_gymmm3.jpg

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
How can you tell from that angle that the engine was not running?
It still has whole first stage compressor blades. 30,000 RPMs and ground don't get along well for very long. Notice the blades in the second picture - not happy.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ok now this is getting purely into speculation, but would the mud cause the blades to shear or would the crumpling of the engine intake cause that?